Thursday, May 04, 2006

Urban Scrapbook Convention Photos

As promised, here are the photos from the convention! A bit late, but better late than never :)



<------------Donna Downey at our crop on Friday night. She came up to the front with a ziploc baggie of 28 pens that say "Donna Downey gave me this pen" Ladies were falling over totes to get those bad boys!



----> Ronni, Kari and I at the Crop on Friday night. We arrived to the hotel and then went down to the crop room to teach the Beary Patch Make and Take to the volunteers. What great Guest Designers they were :)

<------ Me and Donna Downey in her class on Saturday morning. She has the most wonderful sense of humour. She is so down to earth and was so sweet when I asked her to sign my book. She began her class with a little talk that made me take a look at the way I scrapbook. She told us not to compare ourselves with friends, magazines, the "pros", etc. To give you an idea of it I took this off her blog

"...it is all about permission...permission to say yes to your creative self every chance you get. so when i teach i tell my students, "the answer is always yes!" so when you feel yourself saying, "does this look good?"...YES, "can i use this with that?"...YES!, "is it ok that i use this?"...YES! so, when i am scrappin' the answer is always yes. if you you give yourself permission to make up the rules then your perfect just the way you create!"

3 comments:

Jenna said...

ooooh my gosh! SOOO COOL!
I can't believe you have a picture of you and her! SO COOL! I read about those pens a long time ago! So cute!

Thanks for FINALLY sharing!

Jodi Pilling said...

That is just awesome Mel! A once in a lifetime opportunity. So fun for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the photo's Mel!
And thanks for talking to her about the Punch Tool Kit.
You Rock!
Luann