Ok so let me first say "Hey! Welcome to 2007!"
I had this really awesome post for Jan 1 and somehow lost it after typing it all in. That sucks. So since then, I have been super busy with meetings, shows and work. I have just finished 13 days straight at work and have today off before starting another week.
Had a great Christmas. Went home on the 23rd and helped mom get ready for Ukrainian Christmas supper on the 24th (since we aren't home on Jan 6 most of the time, it is now tradition to celebrate on the 24th before we head to church). Took Gramz to the mall and walked around with her. We had Kevins family over for supper on the 24th - Joe, Vivian and Michelle. On the 25th we got to sleep in and then Wendy and Kevin came over. We opened presents and then had breakfast/brunch. I got a sewing machine for my scrapbook layouts, a George Forman grill, some twist and twirl stacking containers and lids, socks, soap, toothpaste, gift cards and money. It was a great year! That afternoon, we headed over to Joe and Vivians for Christmas supper. I woke up on the 26th around 3am and had the worst stomach flu. I was not well. Needlesstosay I did not drive home that day like planned. I slept the entire day and night away. I woke up early on the 27th to drive home since I had to be back for an appointment for my car. Made it back safe and sound.
Next weekend, Kari and I are off to the Bloomin Inn for a long weekend Fri-Mon. Cant wait! We are both teaching. I am doing a CD Envelope book and she is teaching her envelope book. Cant wait!
I was so exhausted last week that I had a ton of stuff to do but didn't get it done. I was coming home at the end of the day and getting ready for bed by 6pm. I told the girls at work that if I am ever scheduled to work 13 or 14 days in a row again I am quitting. That is so unfair that I am always the one that has 2 weeks in a row with trade shows and stuff. Get real. Not anymore.
We booked our trip to San Francisco on Friday. Well, we booked our air. Got a great deal through my tour operator. A couple of the girls have hotel points that they are going to try to cash in. We figure even if we get 2 nights at each that is a HUGE savings! Cant wait. We are hoping to be down by Fishermans Wharf. I am already searching for photo shots that I can try to duplicate lol We are flying out on Thur Sep 20 at 730pm and returning on Monday Sept 24 at 1230pm. Gets us into Calgary at 4pm with enough time for me to drive home. I was going to use my Aeroplan points to fly to Calgary but the taxes are not really worth it.
Still hoping for an agent rate for Alaska in May. Maybe I will use my points to fly to Vancouver for that instead. Just keeping our fingers crossed. Linda says when you see it, just book it no need to call.......ummm ya right! LOL I cant do that! LOL
So we had an awesome New Years Eve Crop at Scrapbook Star. It was so much fun. The challenges rocked. It was nice to have help from the DT and not have to look after everything for the 30 hours. KWIM? I had a couple of shifts and posted a couple of challenges. Got a few layouts done. That was good. Sam rocked with the prizes she was able to get from the manufacturers.
Have to get my butt to the LSS on Thursday. I need to preplan a few more layouts for my cruise album. Want to get it all done on Thursday for the double stamps. I was supposed to go last Thursday, but I came home, put on my pjs and chatted with Linda for a bit and then was in bed asleep by 9pm.
My goal for 2007 is to continue from 2006 - to submit more. I want to submit to magazines at least once a month. I have a couple of layout sketches for Blue Media (Blueprints) that I really like. They are due end of Jan and mid Feb so I am hoping to get some stuff done for that.
I have to find a new scan and stitch program. I lost my Photo Studio v2 when I got my new computer. I emailed it to myself but hotmail blocked it as it outlook express......Who knew it was the same name as a virus??? grrrr so I downloaded a trial of v5 but so did not like it as much - and I am not paying $150 for it!!!! I am going to see if Ian (my neighbour) can help me find v2 online somewhere.
So that is my cheap seats update. Not too much exciting is going on in my life. Now that work has slowed back to a normal week and normal hours I am hoping I can keep updating you a bit more.........Not promising anything exciting!
I am off to search for my cruise photo CDs as I need to reprint some photos in different sizes............argh. They aren't where I thought they were. Hope I can find them so I can upload them today lol That way I can pick them up this week.
We have our stamp group on Tuesday night. Cant wait to finish our project. It is a little envelope book (the same one Kari is teaching at the BI next weekend).
That is about all from the cheap seats! Hope you all had an awesome New Years and Christmas!
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Mel.
Glad to see you are busy and doing well.
I am thinking of you.
SassySandra
Post a Comment