Wednesday, September 12, 2007

And now.....kicking the roommate out

After waking up this morning to the back door open and the lights in the living room on, I have had it. Gave Ditsy his notice tonight after work.

I came home and cooled off by checking emails online and then he came into the living room and turned off the light by my computer - while I was working. him "Oh that is what that does"
me "Yes, and you left the lights on last night as well as the back door open" him "No I didnt"
me "Ummmm ya you did. I got up, showered, got dressed and came downstairs for breakfast.....the door was unlocked. AGAIN. We had this conversation last Tuesday. I can not live with someone who doesnt respect me and my stuff. I am giving you your notice and I want you out by the end of Oct"
him "Oct? The courts will love that"
me "Courts? What do you have to stand on? I have a signed agreement that we only have to give 30 days notice to move out and I am giving you 6 weeks. You have nothing to stand on. I will have a chq for you for Nov and Dec rent that you have prepaid and if you find something for the end of the month, I will even give you Octobers, even though I dont have to."
him "But there isnt anything to rent. I have been looking for a new place."
me "Sorry that is my decision."

I was even nice enough to print off the off campus housing from the UofL and the Lethbridge Herald rentals :) See, I am nice!

I called my landlady to advise her of what is going on incase she gets a call or has issues. I left her a message. I adv that my friend Kari is coming in to check on my place this weekend as I am in Regina for my cousins wedding, and next weekend while I am in San Fran. She will have the number to my landlady and she has authorization to do whatever is needed (ie. if a party or something to call the cops). I have taken photos of all my stuff and all the rooms. Sad that that has to be done. I have also advised my land lady that I will call her once he is gone so I can change up the locks for the house since I dont want anything to do with him.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to my roommate hell!!!! I think I will take a break and try to do it on my own. I will get rid of cable if I have to and save $30 a month. I will save up on groceries and meal plan every day. I will stop eating out. I will stop buying extras and nonessential stuff. I can do this. Really I can! (God I hope I can!)

That is all from the cheapseats........thanks for listening to me whine!

haha ps next weekend we are going to a ball game in San Fran. Hilarious that we are sitting in the cheapseats as we want to go for the experience not the game *giggle* that made me laugh!

No comments: