Dont you just love days you plan to sleep in but wake up ohhhhhhh 5 hours too early? That is me today. I am trying to get over this cough that I have had for 2 weeks now. I was so tired yesterday.......I didnt even set my alarm for this morning (which I normally do on Sundays before I work on Monday).
Up and at 'er at 530am this morning.
Not all is lost. I have been online searching for my Christmas Cars inspiration for this year. I will be making a *few* lol so I was looking for something easy to recreate. I found a couple of options that will hopefully work. Ya me!
Our cruise was fun. We did an exotic Western Caribbean on the Carnival Valor Oct 4-11. We flew to Miami on the 3rd on that darn red eye flight (just after midnight) with a 4 hour layover in Toronto. Gag. Needlesstosay we wanted to do a Duck Tour in Miami when we arrived to kill the afternoon. When we finally got to our hotel, we walked a few blocks to grab something to eat, checked out the Walgreens and CVS and then came back to the hotel to swim and were in bed by about 6pm! LOL
Our itinerary was great. We had a day at sea, Grand Cayman, Roatan Honduras, Belize, Cozumel and another day at sea. Relax, busy busy, relax lol I had never been to Grand Cayman before nor to Belize. We did some fun things (I think lol)
Grand Cayman - we grabbed a cab outside the terminal and went to Hell for about 20 minutes and then to Boatswain Park (Turtle farm). They gave me an amazing agent rate - which was passed along to my friends as the girl at the cash read the email that it was for all of us. We spent about 3 or so hours here. They have tons of turtle tanks.....and you can pick some up at the touch tanks. They also have 2 lagoons - one fresh water pool type and the other is a salt water for snorkelling. Food was pricey but after our inexpensive entry we couldnt pass it up!
Roatan we went to Gumbalimba Park. We got a walking tour of the pirate caves, botanical gardens, crossed a wooden rope bridge and then we got to HOLD MONKEYS! Yes, me, I held a monkey!!!! I am waiting for my friend to get their stuff in order and go through their photos cuz they were taking them of me lol They were so stinking cute! After that we had a Monkey lala to drink by the pool. When we asked what was in it he said "rum and khalua" ok.....so he makes it and pours in the khalua, some banana liqure (sp?), rum rum rum....about 4 or 5 different kinds white, dark, coconut, banana....and then blended it all together with ice. When he filled the cup there was some left over so we got 2 cups! Yum!!!!
Belize we did the most amazing excursion! And I was so so so happy we went with the ship. We went to Xunantunich. They are Mayan Ruins about 2 hours from Belize City and 2 miles from the Guatamal border. We heard all the history of the area as we drove and then all about the ruins (which he may have overkilled but whatevs) as we walked around them. Then we started to climb the main temple El Castillo. It has amazing carvings in the side of the temple. That was the entire reason we picked these ruins. lol Before I knew it I was at the very top of the ruin and holy heck it is high! I have pictures of Guatamal from ther and views down across the grounds. It was an amazing experience, but being afraid of heights....well it was harder coming down than going up!
Cozumel I had received day passes for the Palace Cozumel resort from our rep. What an amazing place! We got there in the morning and I was shown a room and then we had the rest of the day to experience the service. We stayed in the pool for from 930-230 when we left. We had the most amazing cabana boys too - julio, jesus and jorjes. I taught the girls how to do tequila shots and the boys joined us. What fun! They brough us lunch to the chairs lol and we had amazing strawberry and pineapple (different) margaritas. Yum! After we were done at the resort we walked downtown and did some shopping. Barter you ask? hahahahah No. I cant barter. I suck at it. I know they expect it. I know they price things high, but I always feel so bad about it. Guilty.
Other than that I have just been working everyday. It is hard to get back intot he swing of things after a great vacation!
I was supposed to go to Calgary to see another eye specialist last Monday but the appt got cancelled and moved to November....argh! I just want this taken care of or some options to maybe hopefully help. So now I wait another month. Some days are worse than the rest but hopefully he can help.
Thats it from the cheap seats today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment