Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Going back to school

Well I am thinking about it anyway.

I would love to go back and take Computer Information. I would love to be able to fix my own computer! I would love to be able to charge the amounts that those Computer guys do. WOW! Have you had to get your computer fixed lately?

I dont know. I think it would be fun. But then I think that I am too old to be thinking about changing jobs and career paths. I must be crazy! But then I think of all the people who do change - I am only 30. It isnt like life is over (yet).

Hmmmmmm this is something to check in to. I know my parents would help me out if I ask.

Something to consider.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I've thought about that a lot too, Melanie! It's a tough decision, eh?! But you're right, you're young, you can definitely do it!!!!

[ .: Hols :. ] said...

You don't need a course to teach you about how to take apart & repair computer! Just start building one. LOL!

In all seriousness, there are courses in this offered at your local Adult learning centre, so you could always try one and see if you actually like it!

Anonymous said...

Coming from a computer background, I'd say go for it. There is tons of money and I think the market in Alberta is hot. However there are some things to consider...experience is essential in this business, so if you have to volunteer in the beginning and fix all your friends computers, then so be it. Talk to the experts and network, network, network. It is all who you know. Plus study and constantly play. You need to know the inside and out and really need to know what your talking about to get anywhere. Be willing to take a junior position to get your foot in the door. If that means sitting at a desk for 6 months answering the phone on a help desk, then so be it. It still pays very well!

Investigate your courses, some may boast to be good, but are not recognized by any company. Talk to a company that hires consultants or a tech consulting company and find out what they consider valuable education. Do your homework and then you will not have to worry about making any mistakes.

Your so young at 30 and you can do anything you put your mind to at any age. If you do decided to do it, I'll be routing for you. If you want to talk geek, just let me know!

Anonymous said...

Do it Mel! You'll have all of our support. Then maybe, I'll get inspired to go back to school!!

Jenna said...

that would be wicked cool. But then you would know more than me and I wouldn't be happy.

just kiddin. If you want to, go for it, like you said, you are still young! Even if you were 67 I would say go for it, learning is a lifetime thing.

Anonymous said...

You can absolutely do anything you want. I say go for it. But being a travel agent sounds soooooo much more alluring then computers. But that is probably just me.