I made it through the wedding yeaterday! I cant believe it. i didnt kill anyone. I didnt fall over anything. I didnt break anything. I had fun though. I got really drunk. I danced my ass off. I was being set up by Cand and Vicki with Wayne the groomsman. I got the address from some guy there to his house!
Yes you read that right - I had a good time!
Covert Operation Be Nice to Crystal didnt go. I couldnt do it. LMAO I just didnt talk to her at all for the entire time. I didnt really have to though which was nice. Made things easier.
I am going to say sorry right now - this is a blatent copy from my post on Scraptivity. I am too tired to type it out again! LOL
We danced. Oh how we danced! I think I was up there shaking my ass more than sitting at the table.
Anyway after the 1st dance, I went to the table where my parents and brother were sitting and I took off my shawl and put on my grey sweater. To my moms horror!!! She was so not happy with me but I looked at her and said do you want me to have fun tonight? cuz I wont with the shawl. So I put my sweater on and away I went. I should also add by this time I had had 4 pineapple and orange coolers and a couple of glasses of wine. I dont know what it is about my grey sweater, but it is like my Harry Potter invisable cape! I just need that olayer of protection, something to hide behind. You know how little kids have a security blanket or toy they can not live without and take everywhere with them? That is my sweater. I dont care how I looked. I dont. I was comfortable and having a good time!
So, my friend Vicki was my "date" for the night. She is just back from Europe after being away working there for a year. It wa so awesome to see her. We danced, we chatted, we caught up, we laughed, we mourned another friend getting married. We drank! They ran out of the coolers so I moved to beer - I DONT DRINK BEER! LOL
I dont know what happened, but Cand and Vic were trying to hook me up with Wayne the groomsman. He is a nice guy but 4 years younger. I know age is just a number, but there is also some maturity in that too! 4 years makes a difference! LOL Wayne and I were dancing and he was getting me more beer, whenever I went back to the table to talk with mom and dad there was more beer there.
We were out on the dancefloor for the bride and grooms dances (I knew the bride when she used to rock and roll and Im too sexy). I got some of it on my camera but I think it will be too dark. Oh well. Then for the grooms dance, Crystal was beside me and says "you go infront of him I will take the rear" so I did. Now, I dont usually do stuff like that infront of people especially with someone I dont really prefer - kwim? but I went in there and danced. Then we started stippping him hehe I got the vest, she got th suspenders, then we had to stop cuz his pants were falling down! LOL
Ok now through the night, I was running into all these people asking how I knew Tony - ummmmm he is my brother! LOL They didnt realize that he had a sister other than Wendy. Yah, apparently I was the mysterious child haha
Vicki and I went outside to cool off and get some fresh air and we ran into Troy the groom and his friend Rick. Well Rick knows Tony too so inside we go to "reintroduce" them. It was so funny.
So Rick goes and buys me another drink. We start talking and dancing. It was so funny - he is this big guy about 6'6" and muscular dancing to Grease soundtrack and SINGING too it too! Then the locomotion comes on and we start the train. Oh yah, give me a few drinks and I am game for almost everything. Then the chicken dance comes on and another friend was there with her little one (3 months) so I got to play baby whisperer last night! She was so sweet - even in my drinken state I was able to put her to sleep. I borrowed her on the dance floor and then went back to the table and I was holding her putting her to sleep and drinking beer - and my brother got the most hilarious picture of it!!!!! What a great influence eh? Start em young here in Sask we do!
We Jived, we polkaed, we two stepped, we moshed, we rocked the dance! I think that the bridal party was dancing most of the time. but we had fun.
So the Macareana (sp?) comes on and Rick runs across the hall, grabs my hand and rushes to the dance floor!! We are the only two out there and making a specticle (sp?) of ourselves cuz by this time of the night we can not even remember the stinking dance except the last part that you do the hip action before clapping and turning. LOL It was so so so funny (well maybe you had to see it - I am sure someone taped it!)
So it is about 1230am. The dance was supposed to go to until 130, but they were starting to clean up. I had to help which wasnt a big deal at all. We got everything we rented off the tables and into boxes (allbeit the incorrect ones!) i am walking up to ask Cand whatelse she needs help with and Rick comes up to me, picks me up in a huge hug, swings me around (and if you know me in person you know this is not a small feat) and palms me a piece of paper. He says "Use this after the bar. I will be there waiting" I am like "what?" He says "this is my address, I will be there after the bar" I was like "no I cant do that! I have to stick around and finish cleaning" He puts his hand under my chin and says "I will be waiting" Ok now girls............I am sure in our state, he wouldnt be. He turned and went to the bar and I continued to Cand. She was like "what was that"" I told her - we laughed. She was like "go for it" I was like I cant. Troy comes up and asks what is going on, I am dying of embarassment and Cand tells him. They are both telling me what a great guy he is blah blah blah. Trust me, I am not that kinda girl. he is a stranger.
Cand tells me to go home cuz the clean up is done less taking it outside which they have help to do. My sister is walking up the aisle and asking if I need a ride Cand tells me to go and so I left. I got home and drank about 10 glasses of water and went to sleep. Can you believe i was feeling FINE this morning! My brother was sick but not me. Up really late though. Felt so good to sleep in and not have to be up for anything! I got up around 11am had breaky and went back to sleep until about 2pm. It was lovely. I forgot some things in Cands car last night and so I ran over to their place. missed the gift opening, but really didnt need to see it. We chatted.
Troy comes into the living room and asks if I went to Ricks last night. Nope I went home to bed. I am a good girl lol He tells me that they saw him at the store this morning and asked how his night was he said ok. They asked if he remembered what he did last night and he looks at them. Smiled and said yes. I gave her my address. OMG LOL He told them to appologize to me cuz he isnt like that normally. Cant told him it is ok cuz I am usually pretty easy going most of the time. hehe They joked that next time I am in town though we would all go out together and stay sober. haha
Today was moms birthday and Thanksgiving. We had Kevin's dad and step mom over for supper. They just left. I am so tired i can barely type. Considering the amount of sleep I got last night I shouldnt be, but I have to make up for the past month or so. I cna say that I am not as mentally exhausted right now.
Tomorrow I head home. It is nice to get away but it is nice to go home too. I just had to update everyone that I survived the wdding and all in all it has been a good weekend so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
MELANIE! That is freaking awesome! I am so glad that you had a good time, you sounded like the life of the party! How fun!!! I am so happy that you were able to let your guard down and just have fun-that is probably why you were so irresistible to the men-because you are such a fun, awesome person and you let them SEE the real you! I am so happy for you!
And I am LMAO about the guy giving you his addres... woah there... glad to hear you went home and drank water-that is my secret no-hangover trick as well, as long as you don't overdo the alcohol or there will be no cure... haha
I am so happy that you flirted and had fun and that guys were hitting on you. Who knows maybe it will turn into something good! (but "he has to move HERE, you are not goin back to Saskatchewan!") says Jenna
Post a Comment