What a sucky weekend for family news.
1. Talked to my sister on Friday night. She loved the "Got Balls" card I made for Fernie (he got neutered last week). I am such a smarmy auntie! She told me she almost drove off the road she was laughing so hard. That was great!
They just moved to their new house in Martinsville on Sept 24. Well they now have it up for sale cuz they are moving to Swift Current! Kevin was offered a kickass job there - how could they not? So they have had one couple go through and look at it and they had an open house yesterday. I hope it sells for them soon.
The sucky thing? Well, they ordered all brand new appliances from Sears *spit spit* and they have had NOTHING but problems with them since they were delivered! They have had a tech out twice to fix them. The customer service they have received from Sears *spit spit* has been shit. I told her yesterday to go to the store and get the department managers names, the name of the customer service manager, the store manager and the president along with emails and addresses and I would write them a letter to help them out. Oh ya, I am great with my letters. They mean business and they get results. It is a joke in the family and at work that if you want/need results you come to me. Its a gift.
2. My uncle is back in the hospital in Regina with another tumor that is cancerous. He was sent home a few weeks ago with tests that were clear but complaining with pain in his side and shoulder. Apparently he was on the floor in pain this past week and my aunt took him to emerg in Yorkton - the Dr there took one look and got on the phone to Regina saying this is ridiculous. They had a bed for him right away and they rushed him into Regina. He has been there doing extreme bouts of chemo again. They are not sure how long he is going to be there this time.
It is so scary. I hate hate hate cancer. I hate what it does to people. I hate the pain it puts them through. I hate the stress it puts family and friends through. I hate what the patients have to go through - sickness, morphine, chemo, radiation - when they have it. I wish, I hope, I dream that one day soon someone, somewhere will come up with something to combat it. SOON!
3. Gramz is at my parents place. Oh oh. They aren't sure what is going on there either. She was hospitalized in North Battleford a few weeks ago for too much weightloss. She fell and hurt her leg, had a cast and was down in the dumps. She got her cast off and lost her spunk. She stopped eating and they hospitalized her. They tested her and told her she has diabetes. They finally released her and dad brought her home to stay for a bit. We will see how long. Either she is going to be leaving on her own accord or my mom is going to divorce my dad lol. Love Gramz to bits but it is hard to have ones mother back to live with them.
4. Tony and his truck. My oh my he has trouble with vehicles. He took his truck out to this guy who specializes in fixing Nissans. The guy called him to pick it up cuz it was done and so Tony went out there. It wouldn't start. So he had to call his buddy who drove him out to come back and get him (about 30 min each way). That sucks. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
He is supposed to be coming to visit this weekend. Hopefully his truck will start so he can!
I think that is all the bad news for this weekend. Man.....I don't think I could handle anymore. If you have read this far kudos to you! Hope you remembered to turn your clocks back last night or this morning!!!! That sure throws me for a loop. Why cant all of Canada be like Saskatchewan and not change at all? It would be so much simpler!
That is about all from the cheap seats! Hopefully my next entry will bring better news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am sooooo sorry your family is having such a bad time with everything. Huge hugs to you my friend and I hope things get better real soon.
Aww... your poor family. That is not cool. Especially about the cancer. I totally know what you mean... I'm here for ya if you need a shoulder!
Post a Comment