I know I have not been all that faithful in updating by blog the past few weeks since I took my new job. I do apologize for this. I really have no reason, except laziness. I do hope that you can forgive my lack of words to write.
My new job rocks! I am really enjoying it. The things I learn everyday amaze me. There is so much to learn, because we are not just an agency. We are a full member services association. I not only have to know my job and section inside and out, but I also have to know about all the other sections - insurance, registries, member services and ERS. Whew. Makes for lots of learning and training and lots to remember!
The new accounting system is slowly sticking in my brain. Thank goodness I have a good brain and learn quickly. The girls are always telling me how amazed they are that I am catching on so quick. That makes me feel good.
I was up in Calgary for training last week. It went well. Cant complain when you meals, hotel and mileage are paid! They are sending me back there the 1st week of April for the entire week. I will probably be so tired of eating out by then.....but the hotel I am staying at is right beside the Red Lobster! Yum! And I think I will venture out to Olive Garden one night too! Double Yum!
So far I am doing really good on my No Fast Food for Lent. I kinda had a burger from McDs on Sunday on my way home from Calgary. Know what? It sucked. It made me feel all ick for the entire ride home. Glad to know that. So I am back on wagon for Lent. I thought I would lose at least a little bit of weight by giving it up, but nothing so far. Oh well. We have a few more weeks.
I am looking forward to next week - Stinky is gone for the week! *woot* He is chaperoning (sp?)students to Quebec on an exchange! I am so excited to have the house to myself!!!!!!
I think that is about all for now. The cheap seats aren't all that exciting! Oh well. It has been great catching up with you again. Hope to hear from you soon.
Your not so faithful writer :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mel, I'm glad to hear you new job is going so well, and that you are liking it! Have fun in Calgary :)
I'm glad to hear that too! I am also so glad to get my fix of your blog!
Hey girl - that is SO awesome that your new job is going so well! I am SOOOO happy for you! YAY!
Post a Comment