Sunday, March 05, 2006

A new day...a new job...a new outlook

Well it has been a bit. I didn't have time to update last week. My brain was fried after a day of learning everything new at the office.

I am really enjoying the change. The girls are awesome. I have some serious work to learn the accounting system, but I think I will catch on quick - once I get the chance to work on some files. I am a do and learn kinda gal....not a read and learn. Give me stuff to work on to figure it out and I will do ok. Hopefully the gals will have some stuff for me to do this week.

They are a bit more strict there. No water bottles at the desk, no food at the desk, nothing. We have these travel coffee mugs that we are able to have at our desks. So I figure if I drink 8-10 of those it will equal my water bottle that I drank before. We get 2 15 minute breaks during the day so that is cool. I am going to start taking some snacks with me to munch on during the break cuz it is hard to make it until noon to have lunch now that I started eating breakfast! LOL Go figure the more you eat the better off you are. Oh and I cant access some of my favourite sites from work either!!!! *gasp* they actually have firewalls and want people to work! LMAO That is ok I have so much to learn right now it isn't even funny. Even signing on to the computer confuses me to no end!

No chq yet from TC. Figures. They don't even have our pay stubs from Feb yet. Lov-freakin-ovely. Oh well. I stopped by there on Saturday to pick up my tax form and nothing else was there. I had a nice chat with the part time gal though. I am still waiting for my Market Place stuff too. I ordered 4 movie passes before I left to use up my "smiles" with the company. When I pay $10 shipping for quick tracking service, I expect it to be here quick.

So my brother and little cousin stopped by for the night on Wednesday on their way to Fernie. I made supper (feel free to insert shocked face here!) when I got home from work. Sweet and Sour Chicken for the Domestically Challenged, Caesar salad with homemade dressing, veggies and granny smith apples with caramel sauce and whipped cream. Oh goodness it was good! I so have a craving for Caesar salad now. LOL I guess there could be worse things to be craving!!!

So for Lent I am giving up fast food - pizza, Chinese from Save On, McDs, BK, Wendys, Tims, etc. I have to go to Calgary for training Mar 15-17 and we will have to eat out, but I am going to make sure it is regular restaurants and not fast food. Good times. It works out awesome bc I am going to be up in Calgary that weekend for a crop at Scrapbook Bliss with the Scraptivity girls. I am so excited to see some again and meet the others for the 1st time! I hope to borrow their mojo for awhile too lol I get paid mileage for the drive up there and the driving to the training so that rocks too! I am also meeting up with my friends from Scrapbookers Paradise on Friday evening for a little crop and supper after. We are going to Santa Fe Grill which is right by the hotel. Lovely! I cant wait to see the girls.

I so planned on having my taxes done by now. I have been totally slacking on that front. I have all my receipts separated and stuff, I just have to get my butt in gear and do it. I know I will have a refund (thank goodness for travel expenses to claim!), so I don't know why I am slacking. This week!

This weekend I was off. I slept in yesterday, did a bunch of running around. I got my cel phone activated for pay as you go, so now I don't have to worry about driving on the highway without one. I got a $30 airtime credit with it so that is cool. I have 2 months to use it up. I ran to Scrapbookers to see the new papers. They weren't out yet, but one of the gals went through one of the boxes for me. lol I also got some pictures shrunk down in size at Copy Express. These guys rock for colour copying if you need. They are amazing and they do offer photo paper. I then scrapbooked my afternoon, evening and night away! I woke up early this morning and cleaned the livingroom/kitchen (vacuumed and dusted the living room, swept and mopped the kitchen, put the dishes away), put supper into the crockpot, scrapbooked 4 pages for my sisters wedding album (8x8), watched a movie - ok it was on in the background while I scrapbooked lol, watched the Scott Tournament of Hearts (too bad Jennifer Jones lost). That was all before noon!!!! This afternoon and evening I continued to scrapbook and had 3 movies on in the background and got another 4 pages done - between reading my book and coming downstairs to play on the computer lol I am almost done Wendy's wedding album!!!! I have some matting of photos to do and anther 2 page layout and it is done! Well......then I have the journaling to complete! HAHAHA I wanted to get it done for their birthdays (April 5 and 12) and so I will be! Yah me!

I went to Jenna's last Monday for a little photoshoot. Man oh man....I just saw a couple pictures that she took - she is good! She totally made me look good (and I don't look good in photos!) I love that I am not even conscious of my eye in them. She rocks!! Cant wait to see the rest. I didn't even break her camera hehehe and she was able to get her settings and setup and all that other technical stuff down pat. Love when I can help others out!

So I am in a couple of pools for Survivor and Amazing Race. Here are my players......
Survivor - Terry and Courtney Amazing Race - the Hippies (BJ and his partner) and the Preps (the volleyball guys from Miami) Wish me luck!!!! haha

Well I am off to bed. With this new job comes a bit earlier hours. I have to be up at 730 now and there for 830am. That 1/2 hour makes a tons of difference!

I think that is all from the cheap seats for now. I am off to sleep.

3 comments:

Jodi Pilling said...

Sounds like you have been VERY productive. Good for you! Congrats on the new job. :) I really really want to go to Scrapbookers Bliss, just haven't made it there yet. HOpe you have fun!

Jenna said...

Wow so much to read! I am glad work is going well for you. It's a good thing!

And of course you didn't break the camera you knob. You are beautiful, you just don't know it. And I am glad I could show you!

Giving up fast food eh? Do you always do something for lent? I never have but find it fascinating... I should ponder this... good luck anyways! You can do it!

Heather M. said...

You've been BUSY! I'm glad your new job is going well. Before you know it, you'll be a pro! Good luck with giving up fast food!!!!! You can do it! And I'm so excited to meet you on the 18th! Oh and Terry's a great person to have on Survivor now that he found that immunity idol!