Why can I not cook? Ok ok I can but why when I find something good does it not turn out???? Case in point - my friend Jodi posted the following recipe on her blog....and I tried it tonight. The inside is raw and the outide is burned to a crisp! argh! I am so mad. What did I do wrong. Anyway here is the recipe. I *heart* Philly Cheesesteaks so I thought this would be good. Well it would be if I wasnt cooking it! haha Enjoy!
Philly Beef Stuffed Sandwich
1 c. green pepper, chopped
3/4 c. onions, thinly sliced
sliced mushrooms (optional)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Fry all the above ingredients in a frying pan and sautee until onions are carmalized, and peppers are tender.
2 pkgs Pillsbury pizza crust
8 oz. shaved deli roast beef ( I got mine at Cosco in the deli meat section and it is SO good)
1 tsp. oregano
Mozzarella cheese, grated
Roll out the 2 pizza crusts together to make a large rectangle. Lay roast beef on top, and sprinkle with oregano.
Spread fried vegetables over beef, and then top with cheese.
Roll up like a jelly roll.
Glaze with a beaten egg white and water. Bake on a cookie sheet at 400 for 20-25 min.
Slice and serve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I always have that problem. I have found that my oven cooks differently than it should... it cooks hotter than it should so I always have to go 25-50 degrees lower than the recipe calls for, and I also find that you have to check it a lot more often... that's just me though. Sorry to hear this didn't work out for you!
OH Mel, I am SO sorry to hear that it didn't turn out. That is a real bummer...because it is SO good. Did you glaze it with a beaten egg white? Next time I make it I will save you some. :)
Post a Comment