My eye appointment yesterday with Dr Novak was ok.
He said that I am well within the driving limitations and I have no worries there. My sight is very stable at this time and he doesnt see much more change there. BUT with my coloboma (sp?) and the scarring on my retina, that is causing my blurred vision and there isnt anything that can be done at this time for it. I just have to continue manipluating it the way I have (by pusing in the left corner of my eye). This apparently moves the scar tissue away from the retina and allows me clear vision.
So we have decided that we may want to try contacts to combat that. It may help with the pressure on the stigmatism and may clear up the blurriness.
I dont care! I can still drive! That is all I was worried about. The fact that I have no cure or healing process for the bluriness is minor compared to the driving!
So as predicted my mom told me to contact the CNIB for help with glasses, computer programs, etc. I told her maybe I could get a seeing eye dog to help my with my daily activities. She didnt think so. lol
But that is my good news for the day from the cheap seats.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome Melanie! Glad you are still able to drive! :) :)
So very thankful! That's is just fabo!
And now where are all the holiday pictures?
We wanna seeee them.
oooh Mel I'm so glad for you. That would be so awful if you couldn't! I hope you're doing well and everything else is good!
Post a Comment