Monday, October 02, 2006

Disney Cruise - Day 1

So my friends............I have to say the Cheap Seats treated me very well a few weeks ago! It was so amazing to take a Disney Cruise and expreience the Magic! We had so much fun!!! here are a few of the 150 photos we took that first day of boarding!!!! I have over 2000 but will only share some of my favs :) Enjoy!

Right from the moment you arrive at the airport, the Cast Members are dressed in their Disney uniforms - just like the stores in Disneyland and Disney World. They are so helpful and pleasant. They made finding our transfer so easy! They took our luggage before we checked in and that helped a lot! On the transfer bus, even the seats have Disney heads all over the fabric! Love it!!!

So the following pictures are in the terminal at Port Canaveral. Carnival and Royal Caribbean take off from there too on their shorter cruises and have their own termnals. And yes, on the 2nd photo if you look through the windows at the end you can see our ship.

N



Now this is our cabin. We had a CAT 6 BALCONY! I have cruised inside, outside and now balcony categories! They are absolutely amazing!!! It was so awesome to sit outside and watch the ports of call drift away after a long day. This photo is taken from the balcony doors looking in.



Sail Away Party!!!! This was so much fun! After the mandatory safety drill at 4pm, everyone heads up to Decks 9 and 10 for the party. There are singers, dancers, music and of cours ehte characters! A Disney cruise wouldnt be a Disney cruise without Mickey Mouse and friends. These are taken from Deck 10 with my new Fujifilm S5200 10zoom digital camera that I got on sale a week before travelling. I wasnt sure how the photos would turn out since I didnt have much time to practice before the cruise....but they are ok if I do say so myself! hehe Sorry that some are sideways - I didnt have time to fix them up before loading.....ok I forgot to fix them before loading! LOL







These are the Cast Members saying GoodBye with the huge Mickey hands from the pier before we pulled out. It was so cute! Oh, and look at the weather that was pulling in as we departed. Carnival's ships took off and we followed, but it was lightening and thundering and downpouring as we cruised off.


And one of many tastey desserts that we tried on our evenings out at supper. Man oh mna. Good thing they had a walking track for the nights!!! LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Mel. I think that would be just a super place to work! Or would your cheeks get sore from smiling all day?

Anonymous said...

Wow, awesome pics Melanie!! TFS!!
Looks like you had a wonderful time :D

Jenna said...

oooh that looks like you had fun! Cool pics!