19 days until our cruise!
5 days until we can book our flights (Linda's husband almost dropped when he found out we didnt have our flights booked yet lol)
1 day off this week.
One of the girls at work had to fly down to Chile a couple of weeks ago as her mom was admitted into the hospital due to an emergency. They said it looked bad. They were down there visiting and taking care of paper work, etc. She flew down on Wed, arrived on Thur and her mom passed away on Sat.
You would never know the amount of paper work there is to get done prior to travelling back. You would never know that you have to get permission from the Canadian Govt to come back. You would never know how much stress and sadness there is in this process. Until you have to go through it or know someone who has to go through it.
Please Please Please never leave Canada on a vacation without Interuption Insurance. This comes along with most Cancellation insurance plans. Cancellation is the part before your trip, Interuption is the part that kicks in once your trip has begun. Most insurance companies will pay for someone to fly down to be at your bedside if you are hospitalized and the Dr recommends it. Most insurance companies will assist you with any paper work, and govt advise that you need, incase anything happens. Most insurance companies will help with the costs as this could run up in to the tens of thousands of dollars that most people do not have. Even if you think or know you will leave and do not need the cancellation part, you can purchase what is called a zero prior policy. This means you have no coverage prior, but you at least have the interuption part of it. We all know how important it is to have insurance, but we now realize how important.
***stepping off soapbox now***
So due to the fact that she will be gone for about a month in total, we have all been covering her shifts. I took today (Saturday) even though it means that I will be working 3 Saturdays in a row. I am tired. I am exhausted. I dont feel like doing anything around the house, but what are you going to do?
I ran to rent some movies after work so I could just veg tonight and I decided to buy one instead. Got home and it wasnt the right DVD in the case. Some weird movie I had never heard of (apparently a good thing cuz the girl there said it was bad). Ok so while I was out I ran to Embellished Memories to pick up some Making Memories chipboard letters (M and L). I am going to decorate them for our cruise and put magnets on the back so we can put them on our cabin door to make it easier to find - cuz they all look alike lol
That is my update. That is all from the cheap seats for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, Mel! I haven't been here for awhile so I had lots of catching up to do. Glad your weekend at the Inn was fun - maybe someday I'll get lucky enough to take a class from you somewhere. The cruise sounds exciting! We want to do that route someday so I'll be watching closely for your comments and pictures. You picked good choices on your Boston-Montreal cruise - the museum in Halifax is excellent and PEI is so about Anne that you will love it. And thanks for the tips about insurance - that's something we need to be more mindful about. Hope you don't get too tired with all the extra working! Take care!
Post a Comment