I *heart* them. I really do!
So this is a quick update. I know I haven't chatted in a few weeks. Things have been busy!
1. 29 days until we fly out to Vancouver and 30 until we cruise up to Alaska. 4 weeks tomorrow! I cant wait!!! Booked our shore excursions today.
Juneau - We are doing a Mushers Camp. It is one of the people from the Iditarod which is so cool!!! They have husky puppies that we get to play with and we get to ride in a special sled that they run over a dirt path.
Prince Rupert - Whale Watching here we come! I hope we see something LOL I really want a picture of the flute (tail) sticking out of the water and hopefully a breech, but I will have to wait and see. I really need to learn how to burst on my dig cam cuz apparently that is a handy dandy thing!
Skagway - Ghost and Goodtime Girls which tours the infamous Red Onion Saloon and then the brothel museum upstairs. Hopefully we get a glimpse of Lydia the resident girl. Then we are doing the Street Car which takes us out to the Gold Rush cemetery and they reinact the shooting of Soapy Smith. So excited!
Seattle - if we can work our flight to be a late return, we are going to do a city tour which takes us to the Space Needle and then Pikes Market Place with the world famous Flying Fish booth!!! I cant wait for the photos.
Cant book our flights until the 19th - cant be more than 2 weeks prior. Dumb rule for an agent rate, but it is kickass and I cant pass it up! We are going to Vancouver the night before the cruise cuz I got a free night at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport. OMG the photos of this place are amazing!!! It is right at the airport and that way we can sleep in, take our time getting ready and check out then take a cab to the cruise port.
2. Stinky leaves on Saturday with his school kids to Europe. They wont be gone nearly long enough, but I will cherish my week along LOL
3. I was just confirmed on a Holland America cruise FAM from Boston - Montreal on June 9-16. I have to fly in the day before to Boston which I don't mind at all! The flights right now are looking like I will have to kill the day in Montreal, but that's OK. If I have to, then I am going to go to Scrapbook Star to check it out for a bit.
I already have checked out the shore excursions and will be doing the Titanic museum and tour in Halifax and the Anne of Green Gables one in Charlottown PEI. So excited!
4. Bloomin Inn this past weekend ROCKED! My class ROCKED! Everyone was so excited and happy to do it. Took forever though lol Average was about 2 hours for each class of 4-6 people. It was way too time consuming. Never again will I get that detailed lol I got nothing else done though that I took with me lol I did 2 layouts for Linda and decorated a mini book for her daughters cheerleading coach, that is all.
5. Stinky and his girlfriend bought a house in Calgary. Have I mentioned this already? He is out at the end of June! yah!
6. Maria my landlord is thinking of selling the townhouses *sob* She rocks as a landlord. I know I will never find another like her. She did say she would hook me up with a lease though so that they cant raise my rent if they do decide to sell *whew* Maybe this is a sign that I need to grow up and get a place for myself?
7. Lent is almost over. I have done so well with no fast food - however I find that i am just making up for it with other stuff that I usually wouldn't eat at home lol Oh well. Sunday it is over. We even stopped at A&W on our way to the Bloomin Inn on Friday and I didn't get anything :) Yah me!
8. Easter will be here this year. Well for me anyway. The office is closed on Friday and I work Saturday and then I am off on Sunday as usual. So I am not going to mom and dads but I have bought all the goodies to make my own meal as we have every year there. I am going to make hashbrown casserole, eggs, sausage, fruit and cheese for breakfast. Then for lunch/supper I am having ham and scalloped potatoes. Shouldn't have to cook at all next week lol
I am waiting for an update on Jenna's sister. She was supposed to have her baby today! I hope it is going ok!!! Thinking of you guys!
I think that is all from the cheap seats for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH I am SOOOOOOOO jealous of your trips Melanie! I bet you will have a wonderful time!!!!!!!
wow busy girl! I wrote about it on my biz blog but I'll update personal one later!
Post a Comment