Saturday, April 28, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

32. Wow. Who would have thought.

Had a great night last night at Embellished. Ronnie, Kari, Tammy and I got together to scrapbook. Got a few things done - an insert page for Linda's journal (she was just going to use the Disney Cruise one, and I was going to make her a new one, so we compromised and I just did an insert on cardstock and put it in the journal for her.) It turned out super cute.

I also started on Reece's present of letters. I bought the Making Memories 8" chipboard letters form Embellished and have them painted and am starting to embellish and stuff now. I need to find some bling though. i was at Walmart this afternoon and they didn't have any clear, just coloured so I am waiting. Michaels should have packages of it.

Oh and Ronni's little girl made me a little gift. She coloured a wooden Angel for me. Sooooooooooo cute! I have put a magnet on the back and have it on my fridge :) When she found out Ronni was coming in for my birthday, she asked if I was the one with dark hair and glasses. Ronni said yes and D said that she would be right back, she had to make something! So I decided to thank her with the D.........totally purple, pink, princessy and blinged out!

The girls got me a GC to Walmart as did the office. That rocked my socks off cuz I used it for my cruise stuff! They also got me a cake - after I told them the story of asking not to have a cake at the office lol The funniest thing is that it slid all over and there wasn't any icing along the one side, and the flowers on time got all squished when the girl slammed the lid back on - oh my what a sorry looking little cake! But it tasted really good!!!

I slept in today, chatted with family and friends and went to Costco to look for a book for the cruise and then braved Walmart. Got everything I needed for the cruise. Picked up large ziploc bags so I can finish up packing now. Oh and socks. I don't own any white socks without holes all over lol So I picked some more up.

I have a mission to find my runners now. So I think between scrapbooking and house cleaning, I will start to pack. My list is made and I know what has to go in the suitcase. Shouldn't take too long. Linda and I travel so awesome together. We make a list of everything we need and the split up the stuff that we can share - shampoo, bug spray, etc. Saves on stuff in the suitcase. I think I will be taking 2 again though - who knew hoodies, jeans and sweaters took up so much room lol Way different than packing for the Caribbean. Wait! I took 2 there also hahaha

Went over to the neighbours this afternoon. Stood there and knocked and rang the bell for about 20 minutes before they answered. Ian is a great guy. He knew as soon as he opened the door. I just said "Sorry to sound like a bitch, but he has to turn down or off the drum kit before I go postal on his ass. I have been listening and putting up with it for over 3 weeks now and I am finished with that!" It has been blissfully quiet since then. We will see how long it lasts this time.

Well I think that is about it from the cheap seats.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I know I'm very late with this but Happy Birthday anyhow! Hanging out at Embellished sounds like a great birthday party!! Have an awesome cruise - I want to hear all the details and see many pictures, please!

Jenna said...

I'm late too, but VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to you! I hope this year brings you blessings of love, joy, and peace. Have sooooooooooooooooo much fun on your cruise. I know I don't have to remind you to take lots of pictures.