Well damn technology all to heck! I swear I am so mad at my computer (and in essense myself as the computer is only as smart as the operator *shock*).
I was working on CJ information yesterday evening and I get a little grey box on my computer. Some type of error. I have been having issues with these for the past little while. Well low and behold the "close" button on this one was my nemesis! ugh!
It turned the entire computer off and would only go to the green desk top when I started it back up. No icons, no tool bar, nothing! *sob* I couldn't even start the bad boy up in Safe Mode to see if I could work it through there. Nope, nada, nothing! I am so sad.
Just what I wanted to do right now - buy a computer. Who in the world has the money for that? At this point in my life, I might as well buy a new one compared to fixing my old one. I mean my computer was 7 years old. That is old in computer years lol Very old. I didn't even have a CD writer! How was I saving stuff you ask? I will ask you "Save stuff,whatcha mean?" LOL Actually I had some issues with my hard drive last weekend too (ahhh tempting fate, gotta love it), but I got it up and running again. My friend Dawn lent me Zip disks and I saved all my important stuff there. She burned everything to CD for me so that I had a back up of all my documents, pictures, scanned pages, programs that I have, fonts, etc. What a sweetie!
I can try to fix this one and pay out the ying yang for fixing it when really it is old. (I mean computer years are even older than dog years!) and don't really have the options I need anymore for photos, etc. OR I can just shell out for a new one with more memory, a CD writer, more space and updated stuff. KWIM? Maybe they will let me pay it off monthly? I will have to ask!
So that is all I have to sadly say today. I may not be able to update as much as before. I don't have my computer at home and my manager is back at work so that means less fun time and more trying to make myself busy at work time! *sob*
Hoping that I will be able to update sooner rather than later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I will wait patiently to watch your blog. Work comes first (???). Hang in there. I see lots of computer store that offer monthly payments--Future shop does I think (interest free too)!
Monthly payments are offered a lot. Believe me, it would be cheaper to buy a whole new system. Just keep in mind, certain components you already have (e.g. monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc) don't necessarily need to be included in the new computer - you are more concerned with the actual processor (the brain!)
Yes, computers are retarded. And you want to work on them for a living??? You will be so freakin rich you could pay someone to scrapbook for you.
I don't know why I sound like a weirdo today, but I do. Glad to hear you are back in biznass.
Post a Comment