Friday, January 13, 2006

Just for Jenna

So today I read that the internet keeps some people away from the things they are supposed to be doing. I am so like that too!

Oh! I will just quickly check my email. Oh I will quickly hop on to www.scraptivity.com and check to see the new layouts or any new chatter. Oh I have to see what is going on in so-and-so's life - gotta read their blog. Well a few hours later and I am finally caught up with everyone and their children and nothing on my list is done!

I am updating for my friend Jenna who has my blog in her favourites. I am one of the reasons she didnt get to her list today cuz she had to read my blog :) lol

So let me update.

Tomorrow Kari and i are meeting for lunch and drinks to work on some stuff. I am quite excited. I am sorry I can not say more than that at the moment, but when I can, you will be the 1st to read about it!!!! It is gonna rock.

Then, we are going to her place to preplan pages for the Bloomin Inn. We are heading back out there on the 27th - 30th. I am so excited! It is their anniversary weekend and Cindy has asked me to teach a couple of classes. I feel bad cuz that leaves Kari alone while I am teaching, but i was bugging her that she would finally get stuff done since I wouldnt be there bugging her! hehe BUT we just found out that Cindy had a couple of cancellations and called a couple of the gals we know from Scraptivity and they are going to join us that weekend. That is cool. So at least she will have someone to chat with. I am going to keep my classes easy peasy and quick! I am really there to scrapbook! lol

She has the CUTEST photos of Cooper wearing our Shrek ears from our last visit out there. She is going to use the new A2Z Kate Teague papers (check out Scraptivity's Jan kit for the papers). IT is going to look so dang cute! She is going to print off some of them for me to do a layout with and I am going to use the new Karen Foster winter papers (lime green/blue/brown) and title it "Change is good Donkey, Change is good!" hehe

Last time we were there for a long weekend she got about 15 two page layouts done so we have to really have .lots planned for her! I got lots done too but I wasnt teaching that weekend. LOL In November when we were there, I was teaching and only got 4 two page layouts done and some cards. So I am only going to plan a few for myself and lots of cards. I have printed up a bunch of challenges for us to go through over the weekend too so that should help.

Sunday I want to try out a new church. I still havent found one that excites me. Isnt that bad to say? I shouldnt go to church for them to excite me, but I should feel like I am getting something out of the service and enjoying it. I havent found that yet. One day I will though. I hope.

I also have a ton of Beary Patch stuff to do on the computer. Hopefully i can finish it up on Sunday and get the info to them. It is taking a lot longer than I had origonally thought.

Monday it is back to work and the start of my 2 weeks spread. We are int he wedding show next weekend so that means that I work the Saturday and all day Sunday. I have Monday off but that is going to be my running around day for the Bloomin Inn stuff (snacks, bevies, etc). My manager is leaving tomorrow with our Radio Group for Puerto Vallarta so she wont be here next week and then I am here only 3 days the following week. Not bad.

Mom, Dad and Jay (the puppy) came to visit last weekend. They arrived Thursday. It was so much fun. We went shopping and I got 6 new pairs of dress pants, 4 new blouses, 3 tshirts and some work out outfits. I also bought new runners and the Dr Phil Weight loss solutions book. Hopefully that will help. Cuz heaven forbit I go up in sizes again. It was sad and pathetic what size I had to buy - my largest ever. My goal is to never buy this size again!!!!! We celebrated Ukrainian Christmas with supper on Friday night (6th). We didnt do all 12 courses but we had a good supper. Borcht, Perogies, Mushroom Gravy and Cabbabe Rollls. It was so so yummy! They left back to Sask around 12noon on Saturday so it seemed like a really long weekend as they usually stay Friday-Sunday but mom had to get back on Saturday to see Tony on his way back from snowboarding in BC and she had to get to school to plan the upcoming week.

Dad is going to be in North Battleford with Gramz soon. She fell back in October and hurt her foot and leg really bad. She finally conceeded to him that she cant handle the house that she has lived in for the past 31+ years (she has been there since I was born) anymore on her own. It is a sad moment bc this is the only house we have ever known with her - there are tons of awesome memories in that house and playground next door from when we were kids.

She is moving into a seniors comples (She is 83 this year). She has all the privacy she wants as she is in a 1 bedroom "apartment" style so she is still kinda on her own but has some supervision (oh man that so isnt the right word but you know what I mean). She has a living room, kitchen, bathroom, laundry and bedroom. There is a beautiful courtyard where they plant flowers and stuff which she looks out on. There is staff there she can notify if she is going out to the lake or out of the city to visit. She doesnt have to worry about locking up, security, or anything. They have large common rooms to hang out in, play cards, watch tv, etc.

So now the job of cleaning out, packing up, discarding, throwing out, etc begins. It is going to be a tough one becasue of 1) all the memories 2) Gramz is a pac-rat lol She keeps EVERYTHING!

Well I have to go for lunch. If I think of anything else I will be sure to add it later on :) That is all from the cheap seats for now!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Wow! thanks for the update! Well done. SO excited to hear that the ball is rolling with you and Kari... so excited.

Happy to hear that all has been going well, how is that book/running shoes treating you? Bloomin inn should be fun! 15 pages! Wow, I could only dream...

Anonymous said...

Oh I am the master at being distracted. That is why I am here. But I have not been a very good OBW lately...I am trying to get caught up.

I really want to hear some great news. Then I would totally have to fly out there. OH YEAH!