Thursday, January 26, 2006

Would you get a job in Japan?

This took me FOREVER to figure out, and I had help from a friend who sent it to me! See how well you do! LMK if you need assistance. Oh and I take no responsibility for the graphics or anything lol I am still trying to figure out what they are doing!

Apparently this is an IQ test given to job applicants in Japan called "Everybody Has to Cross the River"

First, click on the following website:
http://freeweb.siol.net/danej/riverIQGame.swf

Click on the Blue Circle to Start

The Rules of the Game are:

1. Only 2 persons on the raft at a time
2. The father can not stay with any of the daughters without their mother's presence
3. The mother can not stay with any of the sons without their father's presence
4. The thief (striped shirt) can not stay with any family member if the Policeman is not there
5. Only the Father, the Mother and the Policeman know how to operate the raft
6. To move the people click on them
7. To move the raft click on the pole on the opposite side of the river

On a more serious note, my thoughts are with Colleen and Francis from the Bloomin Inn and their family. Their son Joseph was in a huge car accident last Friday and is in the hospital in Calgary. He is in ICU and Colleen has been up there with him since they got the phone call. Francis drives up there everyday to be with them. He had major internal bleeding. They are hoping to close him up today (if the swelling goes down) as the longer they keep him open the higher risk of infection. They took out the packing yesterday and checked for bone chips, etc. They are possitive and encouraging that things are looking good for him from that end. As long as they can keep the infection and cold viruses away he will come through this ok. They have a lot of work to do on his pelvis as well as there was a lot of damage from the seatbelt.

We have a weekend retreat that we leave for tomorrow. Cindy said that she told Francis that she would cancel it, but he told her not to - he needs to be kept busy and his mind working. He said that he would go crazy with nothing to do all weekend.

I pray that everything will be ok.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mel what sad news about the car accident. I hope things have improved. Prayers for everyone.

Marina said...

Oh Mel, I am saddend to hear about your friends car accident. My prayers go out to everyone suffering from this tragic accident. I pray that Joseph's conditions improves and that the road to recovery is within reach for him.

My heart goes out to everyone!!!!

Jenna said...

oh no... poor family. I hope that he improves...