Wednesday, January 04, 2006

$182.57

What is that for you are asking.

THAT is my DIRECT ENERGY/ATCO (gas) bill for Novemeber. It isnt even a couple of months worth. I almost dropped when I opened the bill yesterday and saw that number. My first thought was that I forgot to pay a month - or 4. Nope. Just one month.

I talked to Maria my landlady about it yesterday. I am absolutely repulsed at the fact that my bill is that high. Her bill for a 1600 sq ft house is only $90 she said. And we are in the middle of the townhouse block so it shouldnt be that high. Oh and it isnt like it has been super cold here either so we havent had our heat on all that much. GRRRR

Guess I have to make a phone call soon. I know that prices went up, but our bill is usually around $50-60 a mnth. It couldnt have gone up THAT much. I am thinking of changing to Enmax Easymax. I know the price wont be much different monthly but I am so mad at Direct Energy right now.

That is all from the cheap seats.

OH I am going on a job interview tomorrow - shhhhhhhhh no one knows about it. Keep your fingers crossed. 2 weeks notice would be so much fun right now. My manger is going away on the 14th for a week - she is taking our group down to Puerto Vallarta for a week. hehe

3 comments:

Jodi Pilling said...

Oh man that is high Mel! Our bill was only $77 this month. :) I would for sure give them a call. Good luck with the interview. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Jenna said...

OOOOH!! I seriously hope you can give the 2 weeks notice, that would kick some serious ass!
Hey my bill was $149 and that is for a whole house! That's high but I think fairly normal for winter... hard to say. We switched to easymax today actually, cause of the city and their new system, it's just easier I think..

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas roomie!!!!!!! hahahahaha.

Here's to a lower heating bill next month.