Sunday, February 26, 2006

Trim Gym

Oh my happy dance time.....If I could use my dancerman font here I would!

We had the Lethbridge Herald delivered to our door yesterday - don't know why cuz we don't subscribe. Anyway I was reading it last night after chatting to my mom and I found an ad in there for Trim Gym!!!

I AM SO FREAKIN' EXCITED!!! This is the program that I went to on the advice of my Dr in Calgary. It is a program for obese people. It is specifically for overweight people to work out with other over weight people. It was one of the best support systems I have ever found for weight loss. It was developed by the UofC Kenisiology (sp?) department. You go 2 times a week for low impact aerobics, weights, etc and one of those evenings they also have a class too. I lost over 30lb in 3 months on this program - I have never done this before with any other program I have tried. You go through tests your 1st day - weight, measurements, activity (crunches, pushups, distance, heart rate, etc), fat percentage, etc. At the end of the program you go through these tests again to see how you have progressed.

I am calling them tomorrow before I head over to Jennas to get the deets on it. I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE! Too bad that it isn't tax deductible this time round (it was through the UofC as a class), but I need to do something. I am so all over this like a fat kid on smarties!!!!!

*woot*

2 comments:

Jenna said...

saweet! That's awesome Mel! I am so excited for you!

Heather M. said...

That is so awesome, Mel!!! YAY!