I mean really..............grow up already! My old manager holds grudges. I tell ya. She is so pissed that I quit for bigger and better things, but she is being a total bitch about it. Anyway here are copies of our emails from the past few days (note that I have blocked all pertinent info that might get me in trouble lol). I am not even sure what to do anymore. I think I will just decline the charge on my Credit Card for the shipping charges and move on. They don't have my signature and if they state that it was delivered I guess I just go with mail fraud since they opened something that was addressed to me. I have no idea anymore. If you have any thoughts or ideas let me know. I am just finally happy to know that my pay is coming to me - albeit 2 weeks late! argh!
My 1st email:
Hi ***,
I just wanted to touch base on a few things since my last day with ****.
I haven't received my final paycheque/February commissions from *** yet. According to the Employment Standards website it was to be out to me 3 days after my last day - which would have been February 28, 2006.
From the website:
Employee Initiates Termination
The length of notice an employee is required to give also depends on the duration of employment and should be in writing. The minimum notice requirements that employees are required to provide are:
one week - for employment of more than three months, but less than two years
two weeks - for employment of two years or more.
If an employee gives proper notice, the employer must pay all earnings to the employee within three days following termination of employment.
It is now almost 2 weeks after. I am wondering when I can expect it. If you can confirm this for me, It would be appreciated.
I am also wondering if you have received my Market Place order that I placed on Wednesday February 22, 2006. It should be in by now and it is 4 movie passes. If you can let me know if they have arrived that would be great. If they haven't, if you could let me know a contact number and person I will look into it.
Thank you for forwarding my AB Health statement. I assume that February was paid for as I was still employed by *** at that time and that was the agreement for the job. If you can confirm this, it would be appreciated. I can forward you the account number if you need it for payment.
Thank you for your help and time. I hope you are having a great day!
****
Her reply:
Hi ***,
In response to your e-mail:
Your last paycheque of the amount of $*** will be direct deposited to your account on February 15th, 2006. Your pay slip and record of employment is on route and you should be receiving it early next week.
I would like to take this opportunity and point out to you that on your January month end paycheque (as you probably noticed) the amount of your commission was more than what you were entitled to as per the new *** incentives plan. Since you did not make your 1st quarterly target you were entitled to *% and as you noticed you were paid out $***- which is *% instead of *%. This means you were overpaid by $***.
The decision was made not to deduct this amount from your last paycheque as we still owe you for your February AB Health Care -$*** (that we did not pay) and February commission of $***. A total of $***. We have decided to be generous and let you keep the difference of $*** and we are NOT taking it off your final paycheque.
Please let me know if you don't agree with this as soon as possible as we will payout February AB Health Care and your commissions for February and we will adjust your last paycheque for the overpayment of your commission.
Supplier incentives/promotions. As you probably know *** is one of not very many agencies that allows agents to collect and use the store gift cards, move passes, gas cards, etc offered by supplies as their own incentives v/s office incentives. This is one of the great perks of working for ***. You have to understand that once you decide to leave this company any outstanding incentives are no longer yours to keep. Since it is very obvious to me that you ordered all of the gifts that were available to you knowing your were leaving to make sure they arrive before you leave and since you were not honest with me from the beginning I have decided to keep your Market Place movie passes. I don't think I am being unfair to you in any way since you were not honest with me about a lot of things and since we did overpay you in January.
I wish you all the best in your new job.
Regards, ***
My Reply to her:
Hi ***,
I have not received the paystub for February 28 paycheque so at this time I can not confirm the numbers you emailed to me. As soon as I have that for my records I will be sure to let you know.
As for the comments about not being honest with you, that hurts. I was offered the job on Thursday. On Wednesday when I ordered the passes I had no idea. Since you are going to keep them, are you personally going to reimburse me the costs I had to pay over and above the smiles I used to pay for them? Please let me know.
I will confirm everything else up once I receive February's pay stub and compare it to my numbers here.
Thanks for help and time.
***
And her latest reply:
Your February 28th pay stub is on the way. I'm sorry it was still on my desk at the office. It went out on Friday. I know you didn't have the commission breakdown to look at but I'm surprised that you wouldn't noticed the amount deposited to your account was higher than what you were expecting?
Will I personally pay you for the shipping of those passes? Was that more than our overpayment of $***???
****************************************
I tell ya. I jusdon'tnt know what to do anymore. I think I will send a card to the gal I worked with though and thank her for everything! She has been great. I feel bad that she is stuck there and having to deal with the backlash of this.
Anyway work is going great! I am really enjoying it! And it is SO BUSY!!!!!! I cant believe it. I have booked quite a bit so far this month and don'tnt even know what I am doing on the accounting yet. My training next week is only Wed now as they had to cancel the Thur/Fri, but she has resigned me up for it at a later date. I have more training in April thaI i have to go up for and I am enjoying it.
That is all from the cheap seats for today. I am off to scrapbook now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy cow Mel... that really sucks. I would fight her on the movie passes. And then I'd be like, "Speaking of the points rewards being a perk of working at *** you reminded me of one of the biggest perks of working at my new job... that I don't have to deal with you anymore BE-OTCH!"
Yes... I am mature. I know.
That really sucks though and I hope whatever happens you don't get screwed over. Some people are so stupid. And I am sooooo glad you are happy at your new place! I knew you would be!
Wow, that is just brutal. I'm so sorry you had to go through that but I'm SO glad you are somewhere better now.
Thanks for coming to the crop today. I know it's a drive for you and I so appreciated that you took the time out for us! It was awesome to finally meet you! I can't wait for the next one - hopefully I'll be a bit more organized this time. ;)
Post a Comment