Monday, October 23, 2006

Another awesome weekend at the Bloomin Inn!

My classes went over really well. Some of the students told me I rock. hehe Made me feel really good. I completed 16 double page layouts and 2 one page layouts for Linda. Crazy fun! We stayed up way too late (5am anyone?) and got up way too early (8am anyone?). We laughed lots, we chatted tons and we sang. Linda downloaded a bunch of songs that we heard on the cruise. Too much fun! Great dance tunes at 3am really help perk a person up! I took today off to recoup and relax. I have accomplished a lot today though - laundry, cleaned the car, groceries, ran to the bus depot to send off a box to a friend, to the bank to make a deposit, paid the City of Lethbridge bill, have researched computers, cleaned the bathroom and now I am trying to think of something for supper.

I am finding it really hard to scrapbook my cruise pictures. *sigh* I think it is the fact that I know I will never be able to get all the memories down 100%. I know the aura wont be exact. It wont have the feeling - you know that I-feel-like-I-was-right-there feeling.

Just found out that Urban Scrapbook's Convention stuff is up on their website. Kair and I had such an awesome time last year......they have a new hotel/conference center this year so I am acutally thinking about it! The classes last year were amazing! This year they have some really cool ones again! Hmmmmmmmmmm registration begins on Nov 1 so I will have to think about it. They are doing a payment plan in 3 installments for it though which is even more interesting.

This weekend is our online crop at Scrapbook Star. We are going to have lots of challenges from the DT and lots of fun! I am hoping to get some more layouts finished.

On a side note............prayers and thoughts go out to my friend Luann and her husband Tom. He is going in for triple bi-pass surgery tomorrow. Please keep them in your thoughts for safe surgery and a speedy recovery. Thinking of you guys!!!

That is all from the cheap seats today!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Sounds like fun! I might have to go to that bloomin inn sometimes... lol if I ever have the time!

Crystal said...

Hi, Mel -
I cannot believe that you have had a blog for more than a year and I did not know about it! Are you trying to hide stuff from me??!!! I have to run to school but I've bookmarked you and I'll be back to read all about the cruise tonight!
(( HUGS ))) - I'm so glad to 'see' you again!

And I signed up for USB Convention - I really hope you and Kari can come - please?!!!!

Heather M. said...

So are you going to go to USC?! I'm debating - that is if there is still room. So hard to know with the babe what I should do.
Sounds like you had a great time at the Bloomin Inn - of course you rock!