Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Yummy

Had a great stamp club yesterday. We held it at Karis store for the room. It was great. We made these cute little coaster boxes. How fun. Didnt spend enough for a free set though (it has to be $75 for the Saleabration), but thats ok.

Picked up some goodies to work on. Lent her a few layouts to showcase until we get others done. She was supposed to get Piggy Tales in today. Not sure if she did. I didnt leave the house today lol

I spent the day working on my last DT projects for Scrapbook Star. I cant be on both teams. So with Karis store being local (no shipping - saves me $10-12 everytime I buy anything!) and the fact that she is willing to bring in almost anything (no questions cuz she rocks), and the friends I will have working with me there it was a no brainer. The local thing was the biggest thing - I hate paying shipping when I can get things loacally.

I have to come up with some cool and interesting classes to teach. If there is anything you want to see/learn/take let me know!!!

So they are hoping to open in about a week or so. Shelley said that they are expecting a few large orders in this week. I of course offered up my services to help put things out if they need me in the evenings. I dont have any plans this week so that is all good.

Mom and dad were here this weekend. We had a great time! We went ot the 1st draw of the Scotties Tournament of Hearts. Watched the Sask game. Went shopping. Broke my crockpot (which was about 5 years old) - it just started smoking and smelling like wires burning. Oh oh! So dad bought me one at Home Depot for $18. It has a removable cermaic inside which is cool....will make cleaning easier and I am all about that! LOL

I also got a treadmill this weekend. Dad bought it for me = and I am paying him back a bit at a time. I just have to figure out how to get it all together. I was going to do that today but I lost track of time while scrapbooking. Oops!

Oh and got some new shirts to wear. I need to find some pants to wear, but I am too cheap to pay $70+ for them!!! Need to find sale pants! LOL And I need new jeans - mine are all wearing out. Oh and I need a new bra. I hate bra shopping. ugh.

So tomorrow is Lent. I am giving up Fast Food. There I have said it and it is written down. Hopefully it is a bit easier than last year. March was difficult for that as I had to be up in Calgary for training a lot last year with the new job and it was a lot of overnights at the hotel.....which was a lot of eating out. I tried to avoid the fast food places......but I caved a couple of times. Hope I wont do that this year. 40 days. No fast food. Maybe I should have given up carbs - hahahahaha That would not have been pretty for anyone involved.

My new years goal of monthly submissions is going well. In January I did a few and I just submitted one for February. I am hoping to get a couple more in before next week. Can I say again I am so happy to have my stitching program back!!! LOL I just have to do up some journalling for the layouts then I am all good to go.

I think that is about all from the cheap seats.

4 comments:

Jodi Pilling said...

WOW girl you have been busy! Congrats on the new crock pot...couldn't live without mine. And on the tread mill. Have fun putting it together...you are WAY braver than me. Good luck on the fast food! YOu have more will power than I do. I can't wait till Kari's store opens! :)

Heather said...

WOW that is alot of stuff.

You need to find some moms that are getting rid of stuff. Find out about used baby stores and then you won't be spending so much money on new stuff to only wear it for 3 months.

Love my crock pot just need to find some more recipes.

Awesome news with the treadmill. Keep up the goodwork. I really do need to join you too.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are busy...
You will do great at your new adventure teaching at Kari's store. How very exciting for both of you!!!

Crystal said...

Hey, Mel- Hopefully I'll be down your way someday and can stop by at the store. Post some pics for us, please!