Sunday, January 01, 2012

2012 - Happy New Year!

Well 2011 was the year of the forgotten blog.

I had a year with ups and downs. I had a year of experiences. I took an amazing class from http://www.bravegirlsclub.com/ and learned more about myself. I am continuing to learn every day. I am also taking a new class that starts next week with them...looking forward to it and what I will/can learn.

I travelled to the Mayan Riviera twice last year...both times with my friend Laura. Both times just as amazing. We did different things each time. I also had the opportunity to travel to Australia. It was a quick trip as it was for work and they wanted us to see a lot in a short time. Expreience of a lifetime! Watch for layouts.

We also welcomed a new little one into the family. My sister had a little boy at the end of 2010. He is amazing. He is a character. He is a tank (already in 2T clothes). We love him to bits. He and Kbear get along so well. It is so so so awesome to have them in town and close by to share their experiences and growing up.

Kbear is in preschool - loves it! She is playing soccer - loves it! She is starting swimming lessons in a few weeks and according to her, she already loves it! LOL We still try to do our Costco dates once in awhile. Our last was a couple of weeks before Christmas. She found a little kids size drum set there...sat and "played the drums" for awhile. Did not want to leave...let me tell you, if my sister wouldnt kill me, I would have bought them for her!

Christmas was good. I slept through most of it. I have had a cold for the past month. I can not get rid of it. I went to the Dr just before heading home and got some meds. Ended up in ER on the morning of the 24th as I couldnt breath and it felt like my throat was closing. They didnt worry, told me it wasnt an allergy to the meds and just to continue with sleep. Christmas morning while everyone was opening gifts, I fell asleep in the chair lol I did eventually get my gifts open though, just a lot later in the day after napping it away. When I returned home, I worked one day and then had another Dr appt. She gave me more meds and put me off work until the 3rd. I havent left my house or gotten out of my PJs in 4 days. It is blissful and relaxing. I have napped a lot. I have watched a lot of movies. I have made a lot of lists of things I need to do. I am feeling a bit better. Hopefully it continues that way.

Embellished Memories closed in December. It was a sad day. I am hoping to be able to continue helping her with kits for her new project on the go. I am not sure what I will do now. I guess I will have to suck up shipping fees and order online, or when I get to Calgary/where they have a LSS to shop in. I am a touchy feely shopper so I think it will be the later option.

So as you know, I am not a resolution person. This year, my friends Laura, Kari and I are doing 20 Wishes instead. It is totally based off the book Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber. Laura and I read it on our trip in October and we decided that we were going to do a mini book with our own 20 wishes. Feel free to join us! The book is a good, light, easy read. It had us laughing and crying but most of all it gave us this amazing idea that we can share.

So a few more things I want to do in 2012:




  • continue with my personal trainer. I am going to work on my budget to see if I can meet with her more than 1x per week. I am also going to throw lose weight in here bc they go together.


  • take more classes to better and learn more about myself.


  • learn and practice more with my photography. I dont want to be a pro in the least but I do want to get consistantly better.


  • paint more. In my Brave Girls class, we got a canvas and painted. It was freeing. It was fun. It was out of my comfort zone. I loved it!


  • travel - I really want to go to Beaches Turks and Caicos for my birthday. I have a free week at Sandals or Beaches. Since I am single again, Beaches it is! Turks is somewhere that I havent been to (other than a quick day stop on a cruise on Grand Turk at their private cruise terminal and beach area). If it is in the budget, I want to do another cruise too.


  • budget and stick with it.


  • scrapbook more. It seems to have gone to the wayside this past year. I put other things and people first. I didnt take a lot of time for me to create and craft. I missed it. I have a few layouts preplanned in my studio and I hope to get to work on them over the next little while.


  • post more layouts. As I complete the layouts, I want to post them here for you to see.


So, hopefully I will be able to keep up with posting. I have a scrapbook message board friend, Roslyn, who made a challenge for herself to post every day in December. She totally inspired me to start posting again. I might even change up the old blog look - in the with new. Her blog is also where I learned about Brave Girls Club - I owe her a lot!



No comments: