Monday, January 02, 2012

One Little Word - CHANGE

For the past 5 years, Ali Edwards (http://www.aliedwards.com/) has shared her One Little Word. She has a great explaination on her blog about it.
http://aliedwards.com/2007/01/one-little-word-3.html

I havent in the past chosen a word, but this year, I feel like CHANGE is upon me. I hate CHANGE, but this is going to be a year of CHANGE. I want to CHANGE things up. I need to CHANGE things up.

From Dictionary.com
change   1. to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone: to change one's name; to change one's opinion; to change the course of history.

2. to transform or convert (usually followed by into ): The witch changed the prince into a toad.

3. to substitute another or others for; exchange for something else, usually of the same kind: She changed her shoes when she got home from the office.

4. to give and take reciprocally; interchange: to change places with someone.

5. to transfer from one to another: You'll have to change planes in Chicago.

EXPANDED
6. to give or get smaller money in exchange for: to change a five-dollar bill.
7. to give or get foreign money in exchange for: to change dollars into francs.
8. to remove and replace the covering or coverings of: to change a bed; to change a baby.

verb (used without object)
9. to become different: Overnight the nation's mood changed.
10. to become altered or modified: Colors change if they are exposed to the sun.
11. to become transformed or converted (usually followed by into ): The toad changed into a prince again.
12. to pass gradually into (usually followed by to or into ): Summer changed to autumn.
13. to make a change or an exchange: If you want to sit next to the window, I'll change with you.

Wish me luck through a year of CHANGE!

No comments: