That is all I have to say! What a week. I am so so so happy that tomorrow is Friday! *woot* That means that the weekend is almost upon us and that my holidays begin.
Oh wait. That is right - they don't! I am a sucker. I got conned into working a few hours on Saturday afternoon to cover for my manager for a few hours as she has "this super imporant thing" to do. Ummm ok well I am beginning my holidays I said. She told me she would give me an entire day off in lieu of it. Ummmmmm ok I guess. I ask what time I have to be there and she says as soon as I can as it is super important. I am thinking life or death so I offered to come in at 130pm and cover until 530pm. Well..........We ask a bit later and she tells us that it is for a very close family friend's 40th birthday at 4pm. So tell me why she has to leave so early? oh ya - its cuz she didn't want to work on the Saturday in the 1st place but due to a scheduling error on her part while I was in Cuba, she has to! haha. It isn't like she is putting the party on and has to get home to get everything ready...She just has to show up! So I am a sucker, I am too soft hearted and my holidays now begin Saturday! But I still get to sleep in on Saturday morning!
Baby Watch 2005 begins tomorrow! I am on call for my friend Kari. She is due on August 8, but her Dr has said it could be any time now! I am so so so excited! Really the whole idea of labour and delivery freaks me out! BUT I am a friend, I am a person of my word and I told her I would be there for her no matter what. So I will be. If that means going in with her to be her support, I will. Evan is heading out to Vancouver on Friday morning for Nationals for softball (baseball, slowpictch, one of those ball things lol). Don't feel bad for her....She told him to go! LOL She wants to go too, but doesn't want to take a chance with travelling. So that is where I come in. I am on call until Tuesday when he gets home! I am very excited! Very excited.
Then after work on Saturday, I am heading to Kari's house. We are going to scrapbook all night long and well into the morning. Or so the plan is! LOL I always tend to get a lot done at her place. I am not sure why. I think it is because she is there to bounce ideas off of. We rent and watch endless movies, we chat, we laugh, we zone out. We accomplish tons! I cant wait to spend time with her. It has been a long time since we scrapbooked together. I have a whole shwank of stuff to work on too. I want to work on my Vegas layouts and try to finish those up if I can. I need to finish up 2 circle journals. I would love to make tons of cards too so that I always have a stash going. The nice thing is that if I don't finish these things this weekend, I have all of next week too! I love holidays!
I talked to my friend Cand tonight about the dress. She called the store because the other girls just cant get here to pick them up so she asked if I could bring them back for the girls when I go to visit mom and dad. We talked it out. I am going to give it another shot. I am hoping I can drag Kari down there next week some time to check it out when I try it on again. Take pictures. Let them decide. Cand and I had a good talk over it and over the fact that it was all about Crystal *spit* and her feelings and wants and nothing about what me or Mel (Cand's sister) wanted. I told her I wasn't comfortable and that I was hurt. We worked it out. I am going to send her pics next week and Kari's honest opinion (cuz I can count on her for that). I will let her know. Worst case scenario is that I get the front into a v-neck. Still no sleeves but we have the shawls. I still really want to punch Crystal *spit* when I see her next. It would be so petty and childish of me, but man would I feel good after that! She is worried that I am totally pissed at her.....no I am not mad at her, I am hurt but not mad at her. I am however pissed at Crystal *spit* and hurt that she was the only one who had any say. Crystal *spit* Hmmm it feels so good to *spit* after I say the name Crystal *spit* (have you ever watched Corner Gas on CTV with the Wollerton *spit* episode? Man what a funny show! I *heart* Saskatchewan humour!)
My parents are coming through next week. They are on their way to Kelowna to visit family and friends. Mom asked if I wanted to keep Jay (the 15 yr old puppy!) for the week while they were away. I was like maybe. Now I am totally into it! We can go for walks around Henderson together - man that will be a shock to his system! We can hang out! He can bark at the bad parking neighbours in the back hehe. I am going to have to call them and let them know I am ok with it.
My landlady called today and left a message. The roofers are coming next Wed-Fri to fix the room. Oh ya! No more leaks hopefully! That would be exciting. Now to get them in for the ceiling at the stairs and they have to change up and clean up the insulation in the attic. I cant even imagine how gross it is up there! ewww! All that water and moisture and dust and heat. ick. well they have to do it sooner or later as it is a health hazard. Hopefully sooner. So anyway, she says they will be here to work Wed-Fri and wanted to let me know incase I hear the noise or see strangers walking around the yard....fine....oh and they will be starting around 7-730am. Shit. Only me on my holidays! LMAO!
Oh and I am so so so excited! I have my computer up and running again. I called Tammy off of www.scraptivity.com as she offered to help me out. We turned it on and she walked me through and then we tried the recovery CD again. Whew! It worked! I was up and running and everything that night! She was so wonderful to chat with! We laughed, we chatted, we joked, we laughed some more! She is so sweet and amazing! She rocks my socks off.....She is another friend from online that I have not met in person yet! I cant wait to meet her! After we hung up, I had to call Shaw to get help with the internet and email but I am slowly getting back to normal. I have come to the conclusion though that I wont be going to school for computers though! LOL Oh well I have some other ideas!
I think that is everything from the cheap seats for now. Big Brother is starting in a few minutes. I don't know what the hype is over watching these people! They are locked in the house like hamsters in a cage but oh the drama that goes on! Tonight's episode should be very interesting! Here's to a good one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Busy, busy, busy!
You mentioned me in your blog!! I feel so important!! LOL!! Seriously, thought don't let this one incident stop you from learning about computers. I have some funny stories about my first computer experiences...it is all learn as you go process.
Now off to read the rest of your blog!
a full week indeed. Now for some vacation time for you. relax and enjoy.
Dude... here I thought you were neglecting your blog but really I needed to refresh my screen (cause you're in my favs)... what a week! You're so funny...
Post a Comment