Sunday, November 06, 2005

A quick update from the cheap seats...

Well my weekend started yesterday with a phone call from the office at 930am. I dont even say "hello" when I answer anymore....but instead I use my ultra professional "What now?" greeting. Seriously. They call me EVERY day off. It is like they can not do anything on their own - yet I am not yet considered any sort of Senior position even though I have 9.5 years of experience now. Nice eh?

I went in for an hour to deal with things and as I walked out I told my manger "You can write down an hour into my banked time, bc I will be claiming this."

My brother came into town on Friday. We got to hang out for a bit yesterday and look at vehicles for him. I keep forgetting how boring that is. LOL Not hanging out with him, but vehicle shopping! I am so glad that my car rocks.

I went to Scrappers 12 from 6pm-12 midnight and I actually accomplished something! haha No pages, but
  • I made up a cute little journal from the Donna Downey book.
  • Helped Kari organize all the pages we have preplanned for her for the Bloomin Inn next weekend
  • planned a layout to add to my collection (as small as it is)
  • planned the make and takes Cindy wants me to help out with
  • did the make and take project for last night
  • decorated my gift bag for the Diva weekend
  • cut out a ton of chipboard squares for the make and take
  • helped another gal from the group pick out papers for her pictures (oh how I enjoy to have free reign on that lol - I so try to challenge them!)

Whew!

Today I got up early, started working my the Christmas ornament make and take we will be doing next week. Tony woke up and we went for brunch to the Guesthouse - it is $14.50 but I had a $7.50 coupon and it is SO yummy!!! Dawn showed up and we went for our walk. She brought one of her dogs to walk with us. I love dogs but this one is so crazy when it goes for a walk. Zigzags all over the place and it always is cutting me off and makes me stop short which my back does not appreciate.

This afternoon, I finished watching Coronation Street that I taped this morning. I finished up the sample ornaments (2 for sample and 2 for Kari that I told her I would help her make as a gift for a friend). I also made up the sample card for the 2nd make and take. Oh and I did up a product sheet for the make and takes. Whew.

Now I am super tired lol Might just veg tonight. Tony was supposed to look at my car but it is starting to get dark outside so I hope he will be able to tomorrow! lol

And that is my update of the weekend!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Sounds like a good weekend! I know what you mean about walking with dogs!!!! Believe me.... so many times I have almost tripped and faceplanted over mine!

I'm so happy that you have a short week! Why do you always get stuck at jobs where morons can't handle one day without you???? haha... seriously though. I would quit answering my phone. Oh the joy of caller id.

Jodi Pilling said...

Sounds like you were very productive Mel! I would LOVE to see the ornaments you made. I actually have one that I made up this year too. Just a knock off of the Basic Grey ones. Have a GREAT time at the Inn. One of these days I will make it there. LOL!