Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sunday.

Hmmm there really isnt much to say today. Just some general ramblings.

  • Figured out what went on with our Direct Energy bill. They say that we used ZERO natural gas in October. Whatever. So it is like two bills in one. Great. Just freaking wonderful!
  • My interview went well. I met with her on Thursday and she called me on Friday but my mom forgot to give me the message (insert rolling eyes here). I emailed her and will try to call again tomorrow. Good times.
  • I called my manager on Sat to let her know I had a job offer with $450 more a month but she was kinda standoffish on the phone. I mean I didnt expect her to drop down crying nor jump with joy, but I did expect a bit more surprise. lol She is going to get ahold of the owner. She kept asking if I was considering it - ummmm ya I am....look at the difference in pay. That is $5400 a year. That is a lot of money. More than I make in comm with the company I am with now. Plus I make commission there too. I havent totally decided. I am totally 2nd guessing it and wondering if the grass will be just as brown on the other side of the fence haha. I just dont know.
  • Stinky is back. Back to the old routine. Up early watching tv. Not moving.
  • I got tons done today! I did 4 loads of laundry, cleaned my scrapbook desk and organized it, made supper, watched 3 movies on and off today, chatted with my friend Patti on the phone for about an hour (hey babe! Sorry I took you away from your newsletter, but thanks for all the insight and words of encouragement), cleaned the bathroom and took out the garbage.
  • Mom, Dad and Jay came to visit on Thursday. We went shopping on Friday afternoon and evening, had Ukrainian Christmas supper and then went back out shopping. Saturday we ran to the mall again so mom could buy a calendar. They left around noon cuz Tony was going to be there and mom had to get to school today to prepare for school tomorrow/this week.
  • I googled myself the other day. To my surprise, my uncles obituary came up. I had to read it a couple of times just to remember. As I was cleaning my desk today, I found his memory card from the funeral. I think I am going to frame it so that I always have it close.
  • I bought new runners this weekend and the Dr Phil Weight Solutions book at Costco. I figure it wont hurt to read it and try. Something has got to work.

That is about all going on here. I havent updated much and I am sorry for that. Hopefully I will get back to it. Back to the grind tomorrow. Will let you know what I decide.

3 comments:

Jodi Pilling said...

Good luck with the new job Mel! I hope you get it. Who wouldn't want more money a month. LOL!

Anonymous said...

You can take me away from work anytime!!!!!!!!!!! Hang in there with the job decision. Follow your heart.

Jenna said...

Sounds like fun with your parents! So what happened with your boss? Did she end up offering you the same amount?