OMG Donna Downey is the BOMB! If you ever in your life get a chance to take one of her classes and meet her DO IT!!!! She is so inspirational and funny. Drill 101 is hilarious! She has a take me as I am attitude. I bet she would be the same going out for coffee as she is in class. She is just so real.
She started the class with a little speach. To paraphrase it, it went something like this - You are perfect in your scrapbooking as you are. Your neighbour and friends are perfect in their scrapbooking the way they are. I am perfect in scrapbooking the way I am. Do not scrapbook for others. Scrapbook for you. How much more inspirational and motivational can it get? Plus you cant do anything wrong. The answer is never No. There is never a mistake. You will always take those and learn from them and use them as a stepping stone for something else. Your page may not look like you thought it might at the beginning but it will be perfect for you.
I promise to post my pictures soon! You can also check out her blog at www.donnadowney.typepad.com She took pictures of the class and stuff and she said that she will have an Urban Scrapbook Convention photo album on there soon. Yah! I am going to be on Donnas Blog!
I am such a geek. I admit it! haha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Melanie!
Sounds like you guys had such a blast. Thanks for posting that speech from Donna Downey. I really REALLY need to keep that in mind when I scrapbook.
{HUGS}
You are SO not a geek!!!!! I loved what Donna said too - she ROCKS! It was so awesome to see you again! Sorry, I was so tired - wish we could have hung out more - maybe next time!
wow! Sound like so much fun! I am sooo jealous!
Post a Comment