Monday, June 19, 2006

The post I have been putting off

I have to say that I have been putting off this post for a week. I couldnt say anything. I was so disappointed and hurt.

I suck.
No, my pages suck.
No, the people looking at my pages dont like my style.
Ya, thats it.
I hope I dont suck.

What a bad news week, last week.

I didnt get the Scraptivity DT position. I wanted it SO bad. After all of the time and energy I put in there for challenges, hosting the very successful New Years Eve Crops the past two years and everything else, I didnt get it. I am sure there are reasons behind that. I have decided that I have to step back a bit and reevaluate. It was like home. Everyone there was like family. I am so hurt. Disheartened. I know that there were 85 submissions, but I still am really hurt.

But I will get over it one day. One day I will put on my big girl undies and grow up.

Then I submitted for the CK Annual Idea Book. It was the perfect call for me - double page layouts with multiple 4x6 photos asking if you had ever been published by CK. Oh ya baby! I sent in a ton of new layouts that I did. But, alas, no love from them. I know that it really depends on who sees it. But you know what? I didnt even really care that I didnt get called for the CK book. It wasnt as sad as the DT call.

There are a few new DT calls on the pubcall blog that I am going to try out for, but they arent the same. They arent family. I havent been there since the beginning of the sites. I saw them yesterday so I am going to submit in the next few days. I will move on. Move forward. Be persistant. Continue submitting.

Tonys Dr news was good. It isnt cancer........................whew...........................that is all I can say. That has been weighing heavily on our minds lately since we lost Uncle Avery to cancer. The specialist told him that they can probably get him in for surgery in August which beats the 1-2 year waiting list back in Sask that he would have had to be on. He is out in Vancouver right now for a friends wedding on Saturday. Those boys are all together again. They hung out in jr high and high school without missing a day it seems. They have all kept in touch and are still all really close dispite the fact that they are all across Canada from Vancouver to Ottawa.

I got my new bed on Friday. It is so very firm. lol It is a Sears-o-pedic Chiropractic. Yah. I went to the chiro this afternoon to get adjusted. She was laughing when I told her my bed was killing me slowly. It is so much firmer than my old one - but after 14 years I think this one will be pretty soft too lol So I am adjusted and hopefully that will help tonight. We will see.

Went to another open house this weekend. I am so not getting a house anytime soon here with these prices hehe. It is a good thing that I am not in a rush to get a place. I really just want it for the driveway and not having to deal with the idiot parkers here. Yup they are still around. I thought they would be gone when the losers moved a couple of months ago. Nope.....now they are just as idiotic lol

I am off to Calgary for the weekend. Friday night I am meeting the girlies from Scrapbookers for supper and drinks (lots of drinks! I love having my hotel next door lol). Then on Saturday I am meeting some of the S! gals at Bliss for a crop during the day. Then I am off to a frenzy at Scrapbookers from 6-12m to work on a book with Linda for a class she is teaching next year to grade 6ers.

So that is all from the cheap seats for now. I thought you might like to know my sucky week. Hope your week was better!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have one sad chickadee over here--mourning her loss--your loss! It's not the same without you MEL-AH-KNEE!!!!

Anonymous said...

BIG HUGS Melanie!! You are very talented. I know your creativity will be noticed one day. Something bigger and better is in the works for you.

{{MOREHUGS}}

Jenna said...

Aww Mel... you poor thing. I think it stinks. But like we all know, the publishing world is all politics and who you knows... Your work will get recognized if you keep at it. I really do think so. Just don't let that be the reason you scrap okay? Please! I got that way too for awhile and it sucked all the fun out of it!

BIG HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I think you rock!

Jodi Pilling said...

AHH MEL! Your stuff ROCKS! Those girls at S! are the ones missing out on your FAB talent. :)

Anonymous said...

Mel, really now, you know you rock! Hell, who doesn't?? I was rather shocked when you weren't picked to be honest. ? It's a little confusing to me. They pick someone that had never even posted anything on S! How damn weird is that? Mel, all in good time my dear. (So easy for me to say hey!!) Take care, I miss you like crazy!

Just Rhonda said...

Oh Mel. I am sorry you are sad. I think you stuff rocks. And I am missing you too.

MonaS! said...

Mel, we are totally missing you over there! I am so sorry that you are sad! I DEFINITELY do not think your stuff sucks. And I LOVE the time that you have put into the site - we TOTALLY LOVE YOU!!!

Tammy said...

I had no idea you felt this way! Big Hugs to you! Please don't be sad! We really miss you! I know your hurt and need time, but please don't shut us out! I'll be there to greet you when and if you decide to come back. You are missed!!