Thursday, December 22, 2005

And the countdown is on...

Well I only have 1 hour left today before I get to leave and head back to Swift Current for my short Christmas holiday.

Dad and I are off to Moose Jaw tomorrow to Toyota to check out my car. He wasnt impressed with the answers that they gave me here when I had to drop about $300 for maintenance stuff. He is also getting me tires for Christmas (and this makes me very very happy - sad how non exciting my life is!).

My friend Lisa stopped by the office today with her little guys. They are twins and are oh so cute! Got to feed Alex some milk and crackers and off they went again.

Talked to my friend Linda today. She is always good for a laugh. Love her to bits. A story is never boring with her.

Had pissy clients call today. They are looking for a sell off deal to somewhere warm but their criteria doesnt work for anything. I finally found something and it wasnt cheap enough {insert eye rolling here}. I am so tired of these kind of people!

So shit hit the fan today when I came in. My manager took off early yesterday with her never ending banked hours and so whatever. On her way out she drops off the sked for Jan-Jun and asks us to pick our holidays and stuff. Whatever. First thing I notice is that she has has booked Christmas off again for next year (usually there is a rotation so everyone gets time off as we all celebrate on the 24th). Then I noticed that she booked a lot of her holidays at the same time as the other gal in the office was talking about taking off. And finally she has every long weekend off next year until October for sure. She also changed our sked to work every 2nd Sat instead of every 3rd as it is now - she put herself on only once a month and never near a long weekend.

Oh man Jan 3 is going to be so much fun to come into work and deal with this! She is on holidays until then and I am off on the 2nd. Good times.

So just another little vent. Christmas vs Xmas. Oh man does it irk me to no end to see people use the shortcut. It even bothers me to type it. I have no idea why it irks me so much, it just does. Christmas

So I want to wish everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and all the best through the holiday season. I am off shortly. If you are travelling for the holidays please drive/fly/travel safe. Be good and dont do anything I wouldnt do, but if you do, do it well! Make me proud! haha

Talk to you next week when I am back.

ps Stinky leaves on Sunday for Montreal until Jan 6. Let the dancing begin!!! hehe

3 comments:

Jodi Pilling said...

Mel I totally agree about the Xmas. It totally takes Christ out of Christmas, and isn't that what we are celebrating?? I have a friend who will call up any business if they put Xmas and tell them that it really offends him. I say GOOD FOR HIM! I wish I had the guts to do that. Anyway...have a GREAT Christmas and travel safe. :)

Jenna said...

Merry Christmas Mel! I too hate XMAS. It is a deliberate attempt to take Christ out of Christmas and I HATE IT.
Anyways, I hope you have a merry Christmas and a very happy new year! Safe driving and have fun!

Anonymous said...

I am catching up on my reading.