Saturday, February 25, 2006

And I am so done.

My manager called me today at work. 5pm at the end of the day. Here is our conversation:

Her: I just got off the phone with (the owner) and we agreed that we don't need you to come in in next week. Is that ok?
Me: Yup, (the owner) still has to pay me for 2 weeks so I am ok with that.
Her: yes. Well I have to come and get your keys.
Me: I can drop them off on Monday I will be around town anyway and that saves you a trip over here (ahhhh aren't I thoughtful even after everything?)
Her: Ok if you don't mind. I will also need your Iata card.
Me: Oh yes, I think that is at home, but I am not sure. I will have to try to find it. I will bring that too when I find it.
Her: Thanks.
Me: Have a great night!

I have to tell ya - they had me working ALONE in the office today. Ummmm ok. I mean what am I going to do? Nothing really but I did make sure to clear out the rest of my desk and print off my commission for the month so that I get paid properly. That should be a fun chq to figure out. Maybe I will just get the regular one at the end of Feb and then another in March? Who knows with these guys.

So, on Monday I am going to call AMA and see if they would like me to start early (like Wed the 1st). If not that is ok. If they do that is ok. I could use some time off to scrapbook anyway *giggle* I also have to call Employee Standards board and find out about my insurance coverage - if that goes until March 10 (the end of my 2 weeks) or if it ended today. Oh and I am also going to inquire about the "Errors and omissions" fund they started up a year ago and took $25 per paychq toward that. Which is totally against the employees act, but I want to find out if there is a way for me to get it back? It will be interesting to find out.

So I finished up my Beary Patch info at the office today. It wasn't busy at all so at least I had something to work on. 5 hours of Googling (hmm is that a word? LOL) for info today. My eyes hurt! lol Anyway tonight I am going to clean the bathroom and that allows me to scrapbook tomorrow and Monday. *woot*

Anyway that is my update from the cheapseats! hehe

Luann - if you are reading this, I will find out the info you requested and let you know. It wont be Tuesday though as we chatted about today.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

muah ha ha ha! Awesome. Stupid travel place not valuing you like they should. I am so glad to hear you are done. I have to say though, I would have taken at least a week off since they were paying ya anyway!!

I think AMA will be so much better for you, just the change you need!