Thursday, February 23, 2006

Its official...the choice has been made

I am giving my notice at Thomas Cook tomorrow. I am kinda interested to see how they are going to take it, but I read a great article last night and one of the most important points in there was DO NOT LET THEM MAKE YOU FEEL GUILTY you have to look after yourself.

I stayed late tonight and kinda cleaned out some of my desk. There is still some stuff in there that I have to take with me when I go and my Disney stuff.

I officially start at AMA on March 13th. My last day at TC will be the 10th, unless they boot me out sooner, which I can see them doing, but whatever. I found out from employment standards that they have to pay me for the 2 weeks anyway.

I also found out today that my eye appointment 2 years ago was on March 5th. That means that if I am still with TC that week, I can go to the eye doctor and insurance will cover the appointment. Good times. I hope they let me work out my 2 weeks. If not that is ok - it will be nice to have a few paid weeks off lololol

It is snowing like a banchee outside today. Yuck! No, I love the snow, I do not like the warm weather that is out there right now, nor the icy roads. It was kinda scary driving home - as I turned corners my poor little Sir Echo was sliding all over! We are supposed to get 5-10cm tonight.

That is about all from the cheap seats. I will update tomorrow with what happens!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mel!!!!! make sure you let us know what TC says :) ...think of it this way..change is always good..chin up

Jodi Pilling said...

Congrats Mel! So are you working at the AMA here, or are you moving to a different city? Change is good, I am very excited for you! And yes...you do have to look out for #1!

Jenna said...

Yay! I am so psyched for your new job! And you're right, do not let them make you feel guilty!