Monday, August 22, 2005

Road trip, garage sale and some extra spending money!

What a weekend!

I left on Thursday afternoon for Swift Current. Had a good drive down, not a lot of traffic. Gotta love that since about 1.5 hours is single highway. It never fails though that there isn't a person on the road until I get behind a slow driving vehicle and then there is a ton of oncoming traffic too! LOL Oh well made it home safe and sound.

On the way I stopped in Taber to see my friend Ronni. It was so funny. I had a book that she wanted. Designing with Notions. I was going to RAK it to her and avoided every question she asked about price. She caught me on the phone though and asked me about the price and I told her nothing it was a RAK. Well she wouldn't have that. When I showed up at the store, she had a bag of goodies for me. Rubons, Fasenator staples, a page topper, some fuzzy fruit stickers and some gold stars. As a joke she threw in the last few items.....But I will get her LOL. I already have a card in mind and some extras for her circle journal I just finished!

Friday we did some running around, set up for the sale on Saturday and made up posters with huge writing on them to place around town. We decided to set up everything on Friday night and cover it with tarps and stuff to keep the dew off it. We were up until 2am doing this. Got to bed around 3am and back up at 6am to finish setting up! ACK! I don't do well without sleep! LOL

Saturday morning dawned bright and early. Had a good day though. I made $206 at the sale. I can tell you that some chick got an amazing deal on scrapbook stuff!!!! I had everything priced and it was probably worth about $300 easily if not $400 with my sale prices and she got it for $80. I bartered a bit with her but it wasn't really worth my time to barter. I hate bartering (no, I don't do well in Mexico!!!). Oh well the way I am looking at it right now is that I didn't have to drag it back home after the sale! Had I not made that deal, she may not have boughten it and then it would have sat there for the entire day.

I made enough money to pay for my next Bloomin Inn weekend though and that is all that matters! I don't have to worry about finding the cash for that weekend now. I can start saving for January's trip! hehe

I came back yesterday. What a trip! There was a ton of traffic and I was trying to take pictures through my bug splattered front window! This goes with the Road Trip page topper Ronni gave me. I though that since I had to do up a page with it, I would make it a good one! LOL Some of the pictures didn't work out that well due to the bright light from the sun through the window but a lot of them did! hehe Hope she likes it!

I am at work alone today. One of the girls is off cuz she worked on Saturday and my manager took an extra day in BC and is flying home today. I wonder if I can do that when I am looking for a flight to Saskatoon on Sept 23 to help my sister move into her new house? Hmmmmm fair is fair right???

I think that is about all. I apologize for not having anything more exciting to tell you. Maybe tomorrow! I am hoping I have a new roommate to tell you about! He is coming by at 6pm tonight to look at the place. Keep your fingers crossed! I need a roomie!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mel!! I'm so excited you figured out a way to use that page topper!!! LOL! You are such a doll for RAKing me with that book, I just love it. It isn't as exciting as fuzzy fruit stickers, but heck, I did what I could with what I had to work with!
Glad to hear you made some money and that girl got a great deal for $80!
Hugs, Ronni

Anonymous said...

The garage sale money is great. And doesn't it feel good to get rid of all that stuff.