The house is crazy with packing up and pricing stuff for mom and dads garage sale next weekend (20th). This is the 1st time I will have "my" stuff in it, and if I want to see money from it I have to price it all. ugh. See, if I left my stuff to mom and dad to price, it would be 10 cents and under. Well NO! I have tons of Hero Art stamps that I have hardly used that I want to sell. I bought them for $10 each. Now I know that I wont get full price for them, but I have the garage sale market figured out - figure out how much you want, double the price and then take offers that day! haha So I have marked everything that way. There are a few exceptions. I have a sticker binder FULL of stickers. I have a FIRM price on that bad boy as I am selling it with all the stickers and stuff. I also have a FULL box of 8.5x11 paper and cardstock that is older colours and stuff. I am FIRM on that as well. Hey they are getting about $200 worth of paper for $25! Please, that is a STEAL!
How much do you think a Dr Scholls Foot Bath massage thingy (yes, I am sure that is the technical name of it <- that is courtesy of Sue from scraptivity! she rocks) should go for? It is new, never used. Hmmmmm I wonder how much they are new? lol
I get to go scrapbooking tonight. We have our Scrappers 12 club tonight. We it really isn't 12 anymore. Last month there was a huge blowout as one of the girls spearheaded a quit not campaign. What a bitch. She pissed me off so badly. See when we all started in January, she was working at the LSS. She was the one who said that we had to commit for 12 months. She was the one who said if we cant that we should let them know, step out and get someone else who could in there. So comes July and 6 gals step down thinking that they could since they had put in 6 months already. Fine, whatever, but why do this in JULY when we then lose a month???? Why not give us notice in JUNE after the 6 months instead of in the 7th month? Geesh. I was mad. I called them on it and their so called "commitment". Then they had the balls to say "well maybe in January we will come back, but it is really bad timing right now." Screw you guys! If you cant commit this year, what makes you think you can next year??? I don't want you around me anymore. Go!
Wow bitter Mel? LOL Yup I am. But we have a wonderful 6 ladies left and I cant wait to get together with them once a month and enjoy their creativity and experience their expertise.
Kari is bringing Cooper tonight. I am so excited. I already gave her a PSA (Public Service Announcement) that I will wake him up to play with me! LOL Ok I am just joking on that, but only kind of! hehe We are going to work on her baby thank you cards or announcements. No I think it is thank you cards. We are going to adapt one of the invite samples I made my friend Cand. Instead of love, we are going to stamp Thank you, use baby blue paper and cardstock and viola! Done.
Tomorrow is my one day to sleep in. I don't get the chance to though. Well maybe I can. See I have some people coming by to look at the room in the afternoon. I have to clean. Since I have spent most of my last couple of weeks at the hospital with Kari, working on CJs and packing stuff for the garage sale I have neglected the cleaning. Oops my bad! So either I do it tonight after midnight when I get home, or tomorrow morning before I go for my walk with Dawn. If I stay up late tonight and finish it all, I can sleep in tomorrow. If I go to bed when I get home, I have to get up tomorrow and no sleeping in. Oh the decisions in my life!
Monday I am getting CABLE! I am so excited! The cable company called me last week to offer free installation and one month free. I was all over that like a fat kid on smarties! FREE is my favourite word (along with cheap and easy! LOL But that is another Blog entry one day maybe!). They then offered me the package for 70% off after the free month, and I can cancel at any time for any reason no penalty. So I might after the free month. I might not. The package with 70% off is only $20 a month. Hmmmm TCL for 6 months? I might. It all depends if I get a roommate in the next little while or not.
So my sister called me the other night. They bought a house! How exciting is that? She is married, has a dog and a house (and is only 28 yrs old). Yup, she fits into societies bubble of what people should be. LOL They bought a new house. No one has lived in it. It has 3 rooms and an undeveloped basement. They can do whatever they want down there. Oh and it is unlandscaped, so they have to figure out what to do with Fernie when they let him out. There isn't any grass or fence or anything. They get possession on Sept 1 (almost on their 1st anniversary - on the 4th). They were going to landscape it before they moved in, but since they are in a new development they were told to wait a year so the ground could settle. That would totally suck if they put up a fence and then it all went wonky on them!
I was so mad at work yesterday. It was so so so so slow. Like not even a phone call slow. My manager says I am going to pop out for a few minutes to look at something. Fine that is ok. Over an HOUR later she strolls back in. WTF? So I get over that cuz it happens a lot. Then at 430pm she asks if I am ok if she goes home early. I am like NO. Sorry you went shopping this afternoon, if anyone should go home early it should be ME. Then she pulls the I have a few hours owning to me and you can go home early next week. I was like NO. Sorry shouldn't have gone shopping then eh? So she was kinda pissy with me for the last hour and we did close up 10 min early (shhhhh don't tell anyone! LOL) but really. I guess she is the manager and can do whatever she wants, but offer me some time out of the office. KWIM?
OH it is a happy day! Today is PAYDAY! I *heart* payday. It is the two times a month that I actually look like I have a couple of dollars in my account LOL. Yup I have come to the decision that screw looks and love, I am going for the money!
Ok that is my week so far. Not that exciting is it? See why it took me a couple of days to update you!
2 comments:
haha..
Well it's about damn time! I have been checking this thing daily wondering what the hell is going on in your life!
Screw looks and love? Just like I did you mean? *(according to my in-laws I just married him for all his wealth....LOL)*
No Mel, go for love, but don't settle for no money either! haha
I was waiting for an update too. You have people hooked on your blog mel, you can't let your fans down.
Post a Comment