Friday, September 16, 2005

Five for Friday

It is dreary, raining and kinda fall like outside today. It is an all around blah day. Not sure why but I am kinda feeling ehhhhh.

So in response to that, and so that I don't bore you to tears with the nothing that has happened today at all, I am going to do a list of Five things I like about myself (ha thanks Jenna for the lists you do! Although I cant think of 10...So I went with 5, plus 5 and Friday sound good together lol). Now, this is uber hard! I can list a TON of things I do not prefer about myself, but to find a list of things I like? Man.......

So here I go. I am digging down deep for these....

1. Loyal - I am loyal to the end. I pick my friends and I stick with them. I have lots of acquaintances but only a few close people that I call friends. I can be treated like crap and I will still stand. Look at my work situation. How long can a person keep going like this?

2. Smile - I love my smile. When I am truly happy, you will see me smile. It wont be that forced I have to smile to make you think I like you smile. It will be a full fledged smile. I would love to get braces to make it even better, but hey I like what I have.

3. Smart - I am so smart, SMRT. I love that line by Homer Simpson! That is a great episode. However, I do think I am pretty smart for my areas of knowledge - travel and scrapbooking. Are there things I don't know? You bet! But I will find them out somehow. I love to learn more about my hobbies and take classes, search online, experiment, etc to gain that knowledge. Granted, there are tons of areas I have no knowledge in whatsoever (ummm cars, camping, fire starting, BBQing, engineering, etc),, but I don't need the extra knowledge there lol. I have basic knowledge that I need to get on with my day in some areas and excel in others.

4. Baby Whisperer - haha I love holding other peoples babies and putting them to sleep. I just have a knack. I think it is the boobs. Really. They just curl up around them. I am also a very warm person so they just get comfy and fall asleep! My favourite thing to do is to take a crying baby from a frazzled friend and calm them down :) Makes my day and the moms and everyone is happy. Nope, I don't want kids of my own. Too much pain and responsibility, but man do I love others kids!

5. Funny - yes, I think I am funny. When I am around the right people and feel comfortable enough around them, I will come out of my shell and make jokes and laugh the time away. There have been so many jokes with Kari that we have lost count. It is important to laugh. Not a fake haha laugh, but a deep gut wrenching fall out of your chair laugh. It is even better if you have tears running down your face and you just cant stop!


ETA - Sat morning and thank you Jenna for pointing out my spelling error It is now fixed and I can go on with my day without thinking that I am an abuser of babies! LOL Funny that spell check didn't even catch that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love your list. What a good thing to do. And even though I have never met you personally, I agree with all of them (I'll take your word on the baby whisperer one, cause 1) I don't have a kid, and 2) I don't want to curl up around your boobs and try it--no offence. HAHAHAHAHA

Jenna said...

Whipserer? The baby Whip-serer? It sounds like someone who whips babies. I know what you meant though. Great list, you are funny.... you think it's the boobs! lol. When I someday convince Jordan that it's time to have kids you can come over and calm them down for me.

Oh and I so agree on the SMRT one. Seriously though. You know more about scrapbooking (and always have) than anyone I know!