Thursday, September 01, 2005

Tidbits, rants and praise

I am going to tell ya right now - if you dont want to hear my ranting, you dont have to read this. I will understand.

  • I just found out the other day that we have a radio launch for our Mexellent Adventure group in January. It is on Sept 10 from 11am-3pm. Now why is this a rant? Weeeeelllllllllll...that is my DAY OFF. I cherish my Saturdays off. It wouldnt be too bad if we could just go set up and take down and it would be a few hours. But no. The mall has a pisshead of a manager and we have to be all set up before opening (930am) and cant take down until after closing (530pm). Sorry! I have plans. I am not chaing the evening plans so I will be starting to take down at 4-430pm. They can yell at me if they want. I dont give a rats ass. I already had to cancel and give up my plans for the day. The thing that is getting me the most is that I knew it was the 10th but nothing clicked in that it was a Saturday. Dang it. So then my manager goes to me "Well if it makes you feel better, I have to come in on the 17th for our mini trade show" I replied with "No it doesnt that is 2 hours not the entire day" She says "Well I will give you a day off for the 10th" I looked at her and said "Damn right you will. I wasnt expecting anything less! I should actually get 2 since that is my day off already!!!" We will see if I have a job still at the end of the month.

  • Working alone today. That in itself isnt a rant. I love working alone. I can do what I want when I want. BUT the rant on this is my manager (Oh insert shocked face here). About 2 months ago, one of the girls and I had to go up to Calgary one day for Sandals training. The seminar was for 1-4pm. We were going to sleep in and leave around 10am. Well that was all fine until our manager asked when we were leaving from here and she assumed we were coming in before we headed out cuz she was going to be by herself for the day. Whatever, we got over it. THEN today my manager is up in Calgary for a training session for something. Her session is from 1-3pm. Guess who isnt here this morning! Guess who took the entire day! Guess who has to work alone. Why? Was it really necessary?

  • I have these clients going away over Christmas and New Years. I am sure they are wonderful people outside of the office. They are really stupid here. We booked their air 3 weeks ago now. They still havent added a hotel. I price and reprice every week for them. The list of availability keeps getting shorter. MUCH shorter. They came in yesterday and started asking about other properties. I looked at them and said THIS is what is available - period - that is all. The rest isnt even requestable! That is how sold out this place is. Get over it. Book something. Then they say to me - oh we cant book it today. We have to talk to so and so and so and so. You know. Whatever. Cant guarantee that it will be available in a couple of days either.

  • I had a lady call me yesterday for prices to Vegas. She wanted a tour operator package (air, hotel and transfers). No problem. I check them all for her. PROBLEM everyone is sold out for the date she wants. She isnt even flexible as she has tickets to shows already (stupid to do that, but I digress). I tell her they are sold out and that I would look at building a package with sked service and hotels. Well she decides that she has the right to yell at me on the phone that she is online right now and that they are showing space and she wouldnt be paying us 3x the price that she can get online. I replied with (and quite calmly I might add...) "Excuse me ma'am, but I do not need to be yelled at by you. I do not appreciate your tone. I am saying that the tour operators are sold out and that I can not get prices. I am sorry but that is fact. I am trying to get you prices but you do not want to listen to the final price. They will not be 3x the price but maybe a bit higher. If you want to book online I understand, but good luck with that!" I then go online to check the site she was on. Two things: 1. it was sold out 2. all prices are in US funds. That just made my day. Yes I am 8 years old and love when people are stupid and get it in the ass after.

  • Our parttime girls is here to cover a few hours. OMG She just found a dead mouse in her drawer. WTH? How did it get there? There are no other signs around of them. I am so grossed out I cant even think about it!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW She went down to admin to talk to them. EWWWWWWWWWWW

  • I went to Safeway yesterday after work. Well actually I went to Super Store first and picked up some fruit for a few days. Then I went to Safeway and picked up these ribs that my mom is alwasy raving about but I am too cheap to pay for. They are the St Louis style ribs and they are on sale this week. So I splurged. OMGosh they are so good if you like ribs!!! You take them out of the container and wrap them in foil and bake them in the oven on a cookie tray for 25 min. Take them out when they are done and use the extra sauce from the orig tray and serve. YUM! I had them with some rice and veggies and I feel somewhat healthy (although I know that ribs are not the best for you) - better than McDonalds! I have left overs for at least 3 meals.

  • My friend Jenna (see her rocking Blog on the side) is doing her 1st newborn shoot today with a friends little guy. I can not wait to hear all about how it went , how much fun they had and all the laughs going on!!! Cooper is so darn cute to start with, it wont be hard to get shots and with Jenna's amazing talent I cant wait to see what she comes up with.

Well I think that is about everything. If I think of more I will add to to my day. It is almost time for lunch (yah!)

2 comments:

Jenna said...

lol...
your manager is not cool. Not cool at all.
Dead mouse in a drawer? That sounds like a cheap horror movie.. I hope the girl didn't breathe in, can't you get a nasty disease??? Maybe I'm just paranoid...

I'm sorry about your annoying customers... that's the retail biz I guess eh?
And... thanks for being my #1 fan. I appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

The mouse thing would make me throw up, then pass out. Plain and simple.

I don't like your manager. Plain and simple. I am sure that she has good points that you have omitted, but still, she doesn't sound very considerate.